GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors

Old 06-27-12, 07:15 AM   #61
muller_777
pwn n00bs
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Car: '18 CBS STI
My Subaru Parts for sale

muller_777 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Coilovers or RCE springs + my konis?

time for a koyo. he said he has 120k+
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-12, 12:10 PM   #62
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough

Yerp, 124k now. Yeah I'm goin with a koyo, I'll order it tonight.

On another note the engine is all set to go back in the 2.5 gt, hopefully have it in thursday night
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-05-12, 09:48 AM   #63
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Got the 2.5gt all set over last weekend. Had some small scares when I first drove it but it runs mint. After the first test drive I looked in to the over flow tank and bubbles were coming up So I shut it off and burped the system, still fearing that the new head gasket wasnt holding. Since then I've had zero problems with it and me and a friend took it down to the cape for the fourth of july. No bubbles no nothing, needless to say I'm relieved.

Got the radiator for the sti a few days back but havent had any time to throw it in. Ill have it in tonight though with some pictures. I was planning on autocrossing it this coming sunday but I completely forgot to register last night, oh well

Install was easy as expected, only thing you need are some bolts (m6 1.25 maybe, just had some laying around) to mount the fans since the stock bolts are more like lag bolts.

Last edited by willub; 07-05-12 at 08:24 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-12, 01:32 PM   #64
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Cracked radiator. Koyo unit OTW!

Just heard the news about Chris from EFI. Pretty shocked. Had the pleasure of getting my car tuned by him and he really seemed to enjoy what he did. Super nice guy. RIP Chris.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-12, 06:38 PM   #65
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Here is what I've been up to lately.

No money for the STi for a while
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-09-12, 02:49 PM   #66
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I decided to datalog for the first time in the sti the other day and found some troubling things in there. I had just come back from driving 500 miles through maine/new hampshire. I remember I filled up with 91 oct gas while up there when my tank was pretty much empty which is what I believe caused my problems. My car is specifically tuned for 93 but I figured it wouldn't be a big deal.

On the way home I was going up a slight hill in 6th at about 60, right around 2500 rpm. It was two lanes and the guy behind me was right on my ass so I decided to pass the car to the right of me and let him by. Started to give it gas slowly until I started to accelerate and then realized I had it floored and I was only keeping the same speed. The car felt like it hit a wall and it was just sitting at 6 psi, so I downshifted and got out of the guys way no problem. I know from previous experience that my car has no problem boosting in 6th at 2500ish rpm so when I got home I filled up with 93 and started logging.

My DAM was only at .88 and my fine knock learning was bumping the timing back up all over the place. Woopsies, no more 91 I guess! I drove it around quite a bit and was hoping the DAM would get back up to 1 but it never did and since it wasn't knocking I reset the ecu. DAM is now back to 1 and she seems happy now. I'm guessing my car started saying "F*ck you" once I started boosting in 6th and began to pull timing.

On another note I finally plan on getting out to an auto-x on the 23rd. My little dinkie stock sized tires are done for.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-23-12, 04:17 PM   #67
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: SCCA Membership / Flares
My Subaru Parts for sale

mickle is on a distinguished road

Sorry about the mess on the front bumper today! Maybe I should get one of those warning stickers about not being to close while launching.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-24-12, 09:46 AM   #68
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickle View Post
Sorry about the mess on the front bumper today! Maybe I should get one of those warning stickers about not being to close while launching.
It's all good! It goes nicely with my burnt-to-balls rear bumper.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-24-12, 12:14 PM   #69
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: SCCA Membership / Flares
My Subaru Parts for sale

mickle is on a distinguished road

True, true. I noticed the burnt bumper, though that looks more bad ass than some black sooty crap sprayed on the front!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-24-12, 09:33 PM   #70
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Autocross stuffs!

At least that stuff washes off easy. Hopefully the carbon build up on my rear will transform into diamond, that stuff is tough to get off. It adds character though

Finally got out to my first autocross of the year this past Sunday. Met Matt(mickle) and had a great time as always! Due to my turbo swappage I ran in Street Modified for the first time. I was not expecting to place well. There were 8 2010 and up Camaro's entered in my class along with an 09 Nissan GTR. Luckily most of the camaro guys were novices. I ended up running a 66.237 as my fastest and last run. Didn't hit any cones and kept improving throughout the day, which tells me I'm not pushing hard enough. I feel as though I can easily get another 2-3 seconds out of the car once I learn how to drive it

I ended up coming in third and getting a sweet magnet! Rockin that on the fender! The GTR only beat me by .8 seconds or so. I ended up ahead of all the new Camaro's but a guy in a well set up '99 Camaro won the class. Silly new Camaro club I let my friend co-drive with me since he has never done it before or really even driven a quick car at all. First few runs he was all over the place and flailing around like a mad man but he slowly settled with some novice coaching

I've decided that I really need to get some good suspension. The car is quite wobbly as is and just feels unsettled going in to a corner and going through quick transitions. Coilovers coming in the spring!

STi wheelie! (almost)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement