GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors - Page 46 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors

Old 08-01-13, 05:17 PM   #451
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: SCCA Membership / Flares
My Subaru Parts for sale

mickle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Devens Match Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigterm View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what to do for a liner in the front of the car. I bought a bunch of 1'x2' hdpe but i just stare at it every day so far...
I punched a few small holes in my fender liner and used small zip ties to hold it up to whatever I could reach at the top of the wheel well. I figure if they ever get caught the liner will still tear out and/or the zip tie will break easily so no threat of anything else being damaged. I've had a bit of rubbing that has been made apparent on my liners since and they are staying in just fine, and I even have the back half removed completely (Gotta stay ASP legal!)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-13, 08:11 PM   #452
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough

Rear before

Rear after

After, on the ground

Other side

I didn't have time to do the fronts. All I did was get really aggressive with my fender roller. The only issue with it is my coilovers. They don't droop enough so that I can use the adjust-ability of the roller. It's just stuck at it's lowest height and unfortunately it wasn't low enough for me to do up towards the doors more, since the roller was hitting the fender well rather than the lip.

Once I have a proper amount of camber they should tuck up in there over le bumps now. Most of the paint on the inner lip came off, since it was already a little rusty. At some point I'll go in there and go over everything with some POR (paint over rust). I need to do that on the chassis as well. This car really could use a new paint job, but it's probably the last thing I'm worried about.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-05-13, 02:01 PM   #453
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

She made it! I put about 350 miles on the STi this weekend without a hiccup. I went to the very end of Cape Cod to volunteer for the Pan Mass Challenge, in Provincetown. It's an interesting place, to say the least This was my first journey with the iffy wheel bearing and new setup/tune. I probably have about 2000 miles on the valve cover gasket I replaced and it has yet to leak a drop I only heard tire rub twice, and it was because the car pretty much goes airborn over some of the bridge abutments on the highway The tires no longer rub over the bumps they used to.

I let my friend take the car out for a thorough test. He said it's,"Too fast to be impressive." He said it goes through the gears TOO quick. Mind you these are windy and sandy roads and was probably only going wide open in first and second, so I get what he's trying to say. He has an 04 stage 2+ wrx. It's actually the car I drove that encouraged me to get an STi.

I got lots of compliments on the car. Mostly on the RPF1's

Brakes are on the way. I went with Centric premium high carbon rotors and ds2500's. I also recently found out that there is a gas station within 30 minutes of me that sells e85. Oh boy.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-13, 02:25 PM   #454
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
She made it! I put about 350 miles on the STi this weekend without a hiccup. I went to the very end of Cape Cod to volunteer for the Pan Mass Challenge, in Provincetown. It's an interesting place, to say the least This was my first journey with the iffy wheel bearing and new setup/tune. I probably have about 2000 miles on the valve cover gasket I replaced and it has yet to leak a drop I only heard tire rub twice, and it was because the car pretty much goes airborn over some of the bridge abutments on the highway The tires no longer rub over the bumps they used to.

I let my friend take the car out for a thorough test. He said it's,"Too fast to be impressive." He said it goes through the gears TOO quick. Mind you these are windy and sandy roads and was probably only going wide open in first and second, so I get what he's trying to say. He has an 04 stage 2+ wrx. It's actually the car I drove that encouraged me to get an STi.

I got lots of compliments on the car. Mostly on the RPF1's

Brakes are on the way. I went with Centric premium high carbon rotors and ds2500's. I also recently found out that there is a gas station within 30 minutes of me that sells e85. Oh boy.
Dude thats awesome! I used to go to Provincetown every year to pick up my dad. He rode in the PMC for ~5-6 years or so. Some of those cape roads can be pretty nice too - especially near the Cape Cod National Sea Shore area.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-05-13, 02:29 PM   #455
T3h_Clap
I Solve Problems
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC SST's and Vorshlag Plates
My Subaru Parts for sale

T3h_Clap will become famous soon enoughT3h_Clap will become famous soon enough

DS2500s FTW!!

RPF1 ALLTHETHINGS!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-05-13, 02:42 PM   #456
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejam2k View Post
Dude thats awesome! I used to go to Provincetown every year to pick up my dad. He rode in the PMC for ~5-6 years or so. Some of those cape roads can be pretty nice too - especially near the Cape Cod National Sea Shore area.
Nice! This was my 6th year volunteering. I shuttle people back and forth from parking lots and finish areas.I wish they would let shuttle people in my car rather than a shortbus I want to ride in it but I need a good bike, which are expensive. You also need to get 3000 bucks or something in donations as well. Some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h_Clap View Post
DS2500s FTW!!
RPF1 ALLTHETHINGS!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-05-13, 03:01 PM   #457
T3h_Clap
I Solve Problems
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC SST's and Vorshlag Plates
My Subaru Parts for sale

T3h_Clap will become famous soon enoughT3h_Clap will become famous soon enough

Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 08-05-13, 03:29 PM   #458
sigterm
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: My Hot Wife
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sigterm is on a distinguished road

Airbourne on the bridge abutments FTW!

Congrats on the rotors and Ferodo's! Welcome to the squealing like a pig club!
Awesome pads!!! You ever upgrade the lines, fluid, and master cylinder bracket? The pedal feel goes from firm to omg that feels so good...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-05-13, 05:57 PM   #459
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigterm View Post
Airbourne on the bridge abutments FTW!

Congrats on the rotors and Ferodo's! Welcome to the squealing like a pig club!
Awesome pads!!! You ever upgrade the lines, fluid, and master cylinder bracket? The pedal feel goes from firm to omg that feels so good...
Nope! Haven't done any of that. After driving mickle's car (he has all of that stuff) my car's brakes felt broken. It now feels like stepping on a pile of mush I'll probably get the bracket soon.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 08-08-13, 01:09 PM   #460
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I recently had an epiphany on what the noise is coming from the rear of my car. The noise became very noticable right after I put the coilovers in. I didn't think much of it at the time, mainly because the back seat was out and I figured the extra noise was due to that. However once I put the seat back in it was still louder than before the coilover install. I still figured it was a wheel bearing. The new bearing helped but the noise was still there. I think it has been tire noise this whole time, due to misalignment. I have yet to get this car aligned since I have owned it. I really hope that's all it is.

Another topic, e85. Why? Because I'm a power hungry bastard! I would only be running e85 for autocross, since it's a 30 minute drive to the closest e85 stop. This is the parts list I've been thinking of.

Injector Dynamics top feed conversion kit
DIY TGV deletes
Some sort of hard inlet while I'm in there
Better in-tank fuel pump
New HD clutch

The plan is to drain the gas and swap tunes the night before a race, and throw some e85 in. I think I remember seeing a drain plug for the gas tank the last time I was under there. I'll check again.

This will obviously require two new tunes. I'm going to attempt tuning the car myself after I put the new injectors and fuel pump in. If the motor goes then oh well, it's done it's job long enough and I have been planning on it going anytime now. I'll start ordering the new parts soon and probably wait til the end of the autocross season to begin installing them so I have time to tune it. The ID coversion comes with 1000cc injectors and new rails. Will 1000's be sufficient for e85 and my 1.5xtr? I've read that my current injectors (dw 850's) almost flow as much as the ID 1000's.

As always any recommendations or advice is welcome! Brake stuff comes tomorrow!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement