GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors - Page 30 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors

Old 05-21-13, 09:31 AM   #291
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Tomei EL header and other goodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h_Clap View Post
Can you do a test without the fog cover on.
I actually did but forgot to post the results! While cruising, intake temps stayed rock solid at ambient. I then let it idle for a couple minutes again and the temp was climbing, but much slower than before. Got up around 24 above ambient with the rad fans kicking on. Again it was without the snorkus. When I put the snorkus back in I'm going try and seal off the fender hole it flows in to. I think that will have a dramatic effect on idle intake temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripesRX View Post
I have nothing more constructive to contribute than this:

OHHH SHINY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejam2k View Post
Looks awesome!
I'm surprised at the quality of it, even after seeing pictures of Matt's. Tomei makes some good stuff Hopefully it works as good as it looks
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-13, 10:18 AM   #292
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: SCCA Membership / Flares
My Subaru Parts for sale

mickle is on a distinguished road

Hell yeah! Only thing that I worry about is the slip joint but only because of the negativity online. Who knows how much of an issue it really is. Even still, super easy/cheap to fix if it does start to leak.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-13, 11:36 AM   #293
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickle View Post
Hell yeah! Only thing that I worry about is the slip joint but only because of the negativity online. Who knows how much of an issue it really is. Even still, super easy/cheap to fix if it does start to leak.
Yeah I'm not worried about it, especially now that I have a nice TIG welder at my disposal
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-13, 12:29 PM   #294
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
Yeah I'm not worried about it, especially now that I have a nice TIG welder at my disposal
Now I know who to call if mine starts to leak!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-13, 12:57 PM   #295
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

On that header/UP combo make sure if running the stock u-brace/frame thingy that there is plenty of clearance. Had a friend return for TGV deletes and I swear there was 1/2" clearance to the front edge passenger side to the header, but it clearly made contact with the header (header expanding hot?). I had to clearance the subframe so there was an inch clearance. His Tomei was coated and the car is an '07 WRX, but I was surprised to see the contact.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-13, 01:24 PM   #296
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
On that header/UP combo make sure if running the stock u-brace/frame thingy that there is plenty of clearance. Had a friend return for TGV deletes and I swear there was 1/2" clearance to the front edge passenger side to the header, but it clearly made contact with the header (header expanding hot?). I had to clearance the subframe so there was an inch clearance. His Tomei was coated and the car is an '07 WRX, but I was surprised to see the contact.
Alright thanks for the heads up. I have a BFH if needed

Quote:
Now I know who to call if mine starts to leak!
I'm currently taking my last class before I get my degree and my dad's car is pretty much done. I'm sure he will be retiring soon, which means I'll need some customers when I open this place up for business

I need to autocross this thing sometime, or convince him to.

Last edited by willub; 05-21-13 at 01:33 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-13, 01:53 PM   #297
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
Could/would motor mounts contribute to this? Out of curiosity, what mounts did he have? I have decent clearance but haven't really inspected closely to see if it has touched at all now that it has a few thousand miles on it. But I had near solid mounts put in with the new motor, header etc. I wonder if stock mounts have that much movement?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-13, 02:21 PM   #298
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Could/would motor mounts contribute to this? Out of curiosity, what mounts did he have? I have decent clearance but haven't really inspected closely to see if it has touched at all now that it has a few thousand miles on it. But I had near solid mounts put in with the new motor, header etc. I wonder if stock mounts have that much movement?
The stock mounts are very forgiving. I remember I had a hard time splitting my trans from the engine because the motor would just move with the tranny when I tried to rock it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-13, 05:53 PM   #299
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Can't remember and did ask him(he either has or is planning Grp N engine mounts). Thought the same as well, but we are talking fore/aft movement and I couldn't rationalize that in my mind. Did however see clear evidence that the slip joint was seeing some movement on the Tomei EL header.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-22-13, 07:17 AM   #300
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
I'm surprised at the quality of it, even after seeing pictures of Matt's. Tomei makes some good stuff Hopefully it works as good as it looks
I will be the first to admit that the quality of the welds, and especially the inside piping areas of the Tomei look much better/cleaner than my Invidia. The fact that they include an UP, wrap, gaskets, etc, only seals the deal.

Are you adding any other power mods before the tune? The only thing I will suggest (if you haven't already) is one step colder plugs. (or at least ensure you aren't on super old plugs)
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement