GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors - Page 20 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors

Old 03-11-13, 01:49 PM   #191
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: I can finally start tuning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblock View Post
DW has their latency chart on their website for the 850 injectors. It's just a starting point though, you may need to tweak it.
Yep, the 850's use stock latencies. Easy peasy. I need to get ATR loaded to a laptop and then I'll be able to fine tune the injector scaling, real time. It turns out I will be fine tuning the MAF after all. Cobb suggests tuning it up to 2.6 volts once the injector scaling is dialed in, just to be safe and keep a/f corrections as small as possible. I may have to scale it up top as well if I max it out. I'm also going to lower target boost, even though its only 17 psi on cobbs map. I'm not sure how the grimmspeed ebcs affects boost yet so I'm keeping it low until I figure it out. I started on the 91 map as well and run 93, so everything should be relatively safe. I hope
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-13, 12:07 PM   #192
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: I can finally start tuning!

I'm driving the car around on my first base tune. I haven't had time to get ATR on to a laptop yet so I haven't done any real time tuning yet. Basically all I've done so far is scale the injectors using the formula to get it close and cut my wastegate duty cycles in half across the board in both the high and low tables. My a/f corrections are around +5% when cruising or at idle so I'll tweak that with real time injector scaling down to zeroish. When I put my foot into it further the corrections go up and up, so I definitely have to scale the MAF. I can do that real time as well so it should be pretty easy. Then comes the fun stuff. Upping wastegate duty cycles and messing with turbo dynamics shenanigans, until I can get it to boost properly. I should be able to steal a laptop tomorrow and get to it.

If anyone has any suggestions, tips or comments feel free!

Change of topic- Coilovers will be ordered within the next couple days

Last edited by willub; 03-14-13 at 12:15 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-14-13, 12:35 PM   #193
jdblock
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Alcon brakes
My Subaru Parts for sale

jdblock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: First tune kinda done!

I'm doing some tuning myself. For 850 inj, APS turbo inlet and a larger TMIC. Everything I see says that if your MAF is stock, don't mess with the scaling. But I have LTFC A) -2, B) +10, C) +15 D) +10. Fuel correction at idle is +/- 0-75. I'm not sure if I have to go and mess with the scaling and latency, or if the maf needs to be calibrated for my mods. I was going to start a thread on it, I just need to learn how to use googledoc for my log.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-13, 01:08 PM   #194
endrswrd
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2013 ISM BRZ ltd
Fav Mod: Q300
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

endrswrd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm doing some tuning myself. For 850 inj, APS turbo inlet and a larger TMIC. Everything I see says that if your MAF is stock, don't mess with the scaling. But I have LTFC A) -2, B) +10, C) +15 D) +10. Fuel correction at idle is +/- 0-75. I'm not sure if I have to go and mess with the scaling and latency, or if the maf needs to be calibrated for my mods. I was going to start a thread on it, I just need to learn how to use googledoc for my log.
You are correct in that you shouldnt touch the MAF scaling (if it is stock intake) and focus solely on latency and scaling to get your fueling dialed.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-14-13, 01:25 PM   #195
jdblock

My Subaru Parts for sale

Intake being the MAF housing and air box? The turbo inlet isn't a part of the "intake"? Correct.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-14-13, 01:59 PM   #196
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
That's what I read as well, until I read cobbs guide. They suggest tuning it up to 2.6 volts even with the stock maf housing if you have to scale injectors. I guess Ill re-read that part just to be sure. I'll tweak the injector scaling and see what happens with my trims. Will update tomorrow with the results.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-14-13, 02:12 PM   #197
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrswrd View Post
You are correct in that you shouldnt touch the MAF scaling (if it is stock intake) and focus solely on latency and scaling to get your fueling dialed.
Hmmm. DW 850's are supposed to use the same latencies as stock injectors from what I've read. So once my scaling is spot on I should be all set.

Nothing after the MAF in my mind should affect it, such as my aftamaf hose and inlet. So if scaling the injectors doesn't fix my issue of leaning out under more throttle, it must be latencies. We'll see what happens
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-14-13, 02:19 PM   #198
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road

Changing turbo inlets or after-MAF hoses will definitely change the MAF scaling.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-14-13, 02:38 PM   #199
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Alrighty then, I'll see what I can figure out tomorrow with some real time tuning. Thanks for the input guys
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-14-13, 02:44 PM   #200
jdblock

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
Hmmm. DW 850's are supposed to use the same latencies as stock injectors from what I've read. So once my scaling is spot on I should be all set.

Nothing after the MAF in my mind should affect it, such as my aftamaf hose and inlet. So if scaling the injectors doesn't fix my issue of leaning out under more throttle, it must be latencies. We'll see what happens
I'm not sure if Cobb's stage 2 map has skewed latencies, but I used the latencies right off DW website and it wasn't the same as what Cobb had on their stage 2 MAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejam2k View Post
Changing turbo inlets or after-MAF hoses will definitely change the MAF scaling.
Ok. So the next thing to do is scale my MAF? I can see why, as the volume of space after the MAF to the cylinders is larger with my mods. And why I see the correction taper at LTFT-D.

I don't have a dyno. Do I have to climb hills to scale the MAF, or can it be done on a flat steady part of the highway? I understand I have to stay out of the enrichment tables.

Sorry for butting in Willub. But maybe we can figure things out together.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement