GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors - Page 19 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors

Old 03-06-13, 01:46 PM   #181
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: SCCA Membership / Flares
My Subaru Parts for sale

mickle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Spring rate suggestions?

Yay for paying co-drivers! He was a cool guy to (Sorry, I have forgotten his name). I will be a fun dual driver grid for sure!

Sucks about the Fedex shipment. They have problems sometimes. Recently at my work a Fedex customer service person (from Central America or some shit) said an item that we were waiting for was "out for delivery" but in fact it was buried in a truck with 10,000 other packages. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-13, 02:01 PM   #182
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickle View Post
Yay for paying co-drivers! He was a cool guy to (Sorry, I have forgotten his name). I will be a fun dual driver grid for sure!

Sucks about the Fedex shipment. They have problems sometimes. Recently at my work a Fedex customer service person (from Central America or some shit) said an item that we were waiting for was "out for delivery" but in fact it was buried in a truck with 10,000 other packages. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you.
(Christian) lol, he probably lurks on here since he has an 07 wrx now.

I hope so too, my car is acting weird between 0 psi and 5 psi. It just feels dead and I really wanna see what's going on. Oh well. The waiting game begins. Again.

Last edited by willub; 03-06-13 at 03:11 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-06-13, 03:11 PM   #183
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

UPDATE: Now I'm bullshit. First off it was in my mail box. The fedex delivery notice online said it was left at my front door. Since when does fedex leave things in your mail box? Anyway they sent me the v2b cable. Totally different and 100% wrong. Now I'll go through what happened when I emailed cobb about the first broken one. It took them two days to reply to my email, which they stated with an automtated response. Ok that's fine, I could have called them. After we got things squared away through e-mail I was told they were sending one out via fedex Next day air on friday and it should arrive monday. I got an email notice friday night that it had been picked up from cobb and was on it's way, via FedEx ground and was scheduled to arrive Wednesday So I basically paid 120ish dollars to get a broken dongle overnighted and then a week later receive the wrong one. I'm ready to go with a tactrix cable. Hopefully cobb will send out the right one and dismiss all charges or something, I'll find out.

/End rage session
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-13, 09:45 AM   #184
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Cobb overnighted another dongle to me and it is scheduled to arrive today, although it may not due to this storm that came from no where. Cobbs customer service is great, it just seems their shipping branch made a few mistakes. It was just a frustrating series of events.

I broke out the gopro for the ride to work figuring it might be interesting due to the unexpected snow. I'll upload the footage when I get home (if I do ) and edit it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-09-13, 04:41 AM   #185
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Ninja storm!

Got the new dongle yesterday and it works! I took a quick peek at things on the way to work this morning and things seem ok. The video I took on the way to work didnt come out so hot. I forgot how distorted the sound gets when its mounted to the window. To sum it up, there was a lot of snow. 4-8 inches were expected and we got 22 inches

Maybe I'll try some tuning tomorrow
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-09-13, 06:28 AM   #186
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: I can finally start tuning!

What map are you using? Isn't the EFI one locked?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-09-13, 07:21 AM   #187
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejam2k View Post
What map are you using? Isn't the EFI one locked?
Yep! I'm going to try starting on cobbs stage 2 map and go from there. I drove around on the stage 2 map while EFI was making me a base map. I got a code for the car running too rich obviously, due to the unscaled injectors but it drove fine other than that and I still got 18ish mpg. I just need to go through Cobb's guide again to refresh my brain. I won't have to mess with MAF scaling since I still have the stock airbox. I'm not going to push it yet, just see how everything works and what changes with what I change in the map. We'll see how it goes.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-09-13, 10:11 AM   #188
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road

Nice, curious to hear how easy/hard you find it. I thought about tuning myself open source in the past, but once I got tuned by Bren there was no reason to mess with the car again.

Funnily enough, basic MAF tuning is the one thing I did learn how to do, and I made small changes when I still had that APS intake. I'm sure there are settings for 850's somewhere on the Cobb or RomRaider forums that you could use as a starting point.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-09-13, 10:56 AM   #189
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah, in Cobb's guide they use DW 850's as an example for injector scaling and latency How convenient!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-09-13, 11:02 AM   #190
jdblock
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Alcon brakes
My Subaru Parts for sale

jdblock is an unknown quantity at this point

DW has their latency chart on their website for the 850 injectors. It's just a starting point though, you may need to tweak it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement