GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors - Page 17 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors

Old 02-12-13, 12:17 PM   #161
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: RallyX was sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigterm View Post
Looks like a good time out there in the snow. Nice turn on the pointer cone!
Thanks! I nailed that cone the run after It was tons of fun sliding around. This is something I wouldn't want to do regularly with my DD though. At one point I went up on the right side bank of that narrow section right after the first corner. When I say on it I mean ON it, the car climbed all the way up it with my right tires and came back down. That bank is deceivingly small in the video too, it's at least two feet high. I was surprised to see my bumper still attached when I got back to grid. No noticeable damage from it. I did get a rock stuck between my front caliper and wheel though, so there is a nice gouge in the caliper

Last edited by willub; 02-12-13 at 12:25 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-13, 03:04 PM   #162
sigterm
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: My Hot Wife
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sigterm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
Thanks! I nailed that cone the run after It was tons of fun sliding around. This is something I wouldn't want to do regularly with my DD though. At one point I went up on the right side bank of that narrow section right after the first corner. When I say on it I mean ON it, the car climbed all the way up it with my right tires and came back down. That bank is deceivingly small in the video too, it's at least two feet high. I was surprised to see my bumper still attached when I got back to grid. No noticeable damage from it. I did get a rock stuck between my front caliper and wheel though, so there is a nice gouge in the caliper
LOL, RallyX is tons of fun. My wife and I do it occasionally here in Hawaii but our course/track/area is really small compared to places that have land to open it up a bit. Snow sounds really fun, I've never done it in an AWD car before.
Sounds a little scary with the bank of snow on the side. Good thing you came off it ok with no damage. Pretty amazing actually.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-14-13, 01:28 PM   #163
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I've decided I'm going to sell my winter toy, and dump that money straight into my car along with my tax returns . Instead of 245 kumho v710's I'm now planning on 275/40 Hoosier A6's. The only reason I wasn't going with 275's was because of my lack of coilovers. That will be changing Now I just need to decide on some. I'm thinking RCE t2's. I'm also still interested in the AST 4150 but who knows when they will actually be available.

I've also decided to play it safe tuning wise. With the recent scare I had with my engine I realized how expensive a new engine will be if I mess up. I'll leave it to BrenTuning this time
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-13, 02:33 PM   #164
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: SCCA Membership / Flares
My Subaru Parts for sale

mickle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Plans be changin!

Nice! Can't go wrong with the T2's. What a difference those and the tires will make for you this year as well! Maybe we can stand a chance at the team challenge this year! With any luck we can actually have 4 working STi's in 4 different classes.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-14-13, 05:16 PM   #165
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
I've decided I'm going to sell my winter toy, and dump that money straight into my car along with my tax returns . Instead of 245 kumho v710's I'm now planning on 275/40 Hoosier A6's. The only reason I wasn't going with 275's was because of my lack of coilovers. That will be changing Now I just need to decide on some. I'm thinking RCE t2's. I'm also still interested in the AST 4150 but who knows when they will actually be available.

I've also decided to play it safe tuning wise. With the recent scare I had with my engine I realized how expensive a new engine will be if I mess up. I'll leave it to BrenTuning this time
Nice! I loved my T2's when I had them. AST's look like a very viable option as well, and they are also monotubes which are basically stronger/thicker shock bodies. I believe T2's are twin-tubes. (mine are twin, matt's are mono) I wouldn't base your decision on this fact though.

I ran 275/40's last year/year before and this year I'm trying out Hoosier's new 275/35 tire. I'm curious to see if there are any improved handling benefits from the shorter sidewall. (07 gears FTW) Regardless, those RPF1's are super light (16.5lbs IIRC).
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-15-13, 12:47 PM   #166
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Exclamation Re: Willub's 04 STi: RallyX was sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickle View Post
Nice! Can't go wrong with the T2's. What a difference those and the tires will make for you this year as well! Maybe we can stand a chance at the team challenge this year! With any luck we can actually have 4 working STi's in 4 different classes.
Now that would be moar wheel drive! Hopefully my old clunker can make it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejam2k View Post
Nice! I loved my T2's when I had them. AST's look like a very viable option as well, and they are also monotubes which are basically stronger/thicker shock bodies. I believe T2's are twin-tubes. (mine are twin, matt's are mono) I wouldn't base your decision on this fact though.

I ran 275/40's last year/year before and this year I'm trying out Hoosier's new 275/35 tire. I'm curious to see if there are any improved handling benefits from the shorter sidewall. (07 gears FTW) Regardless, those RPF1's are super light (16.5lbs IIRC).
If the AST's were readily available I'd deifinitely give them a shot but they are taking their sweet time releasing them. I was thinking the same thing with the tires about the shorter sidewall, but I'd really benefit from the larger diameter. I remember tons of areas on the courses last year where I'd be bouncing off the limiter coasting along for a second or two

I can't wait to get everything on and try it out But for now I need a new tune. I have been taking it easy all winter due to not being tuned for the IC and post MAF tubing. I also found out that my up pipe heatshield was not the annoying rattle. Its actually my windshield washer tubing on the underside of the hood vibrating between the hood and intercooler. The two retainers for the tube are broken and that probably happened the first time I closed my hood after I put the AMR unit in. Woops.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-26-13, 11:43 AM   #167
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Plans be changin!

I've decided to go with the gen 4 Fortune Auto 500's for coilovers. They just seem like an amazing deal and after talking to Mr. Mickle it seems they are worth every penny. I'm gonna get the swift springs, roller bearings and rear camber plates with them as well. For rates I'm thinking 10k up front and 9k out back. If anyone has suggestions on rates that would be great. I have whiteline 24mm adjustable bars installed right now and have the stockers lying around as well.

Finally ordered a dongle and a cable for my AP so I can see how the car is doing. I'm contemplating tuning the car myself again. Ill at least give it a go with injector scaling and the easy stuff, then see how far I'm willing to go. If my A/F is the same and I'm not knocking with my current tune I may just leave it alone and save the cost of a tune. We'll see how it all plays out. I currently have no bites on my snowmobile, so selling that isn't looking so good. I'm still gonna get the coilovers soon though since my taxes just came back Anyone looking for a snowmobile?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-26-13, 12:06 PM   #168
yazel
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2004 STi
Fav Mod: Sparco Evo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

yazel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Spring rate suggestions?

Can you get me your vehicle weight? Front/Rear weight Bias? I can give you my opinion on spring rates if you can get me that info. 10k/9k will be close.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-26-13, 12:10 PM   #169
jdblock
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Alcon brakes
My Subaru Parts for sale

jdblock is an unknown quantity at this point

What tires will you be using? Tires play a big role in the spring rates you should use.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-26-13, 12:23 PM   #170
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazel View Post
Can you get me your vehicle weight? Front/Rear weight Bias? I can give you my opinion on spring rates if you can get me that info. 10k/9k will be close.
I'll look into it, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblock View Post
What tires will you be using? Tires play a big role in the spring rates you should use.
275/40 A6's
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement