GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors - Page 12 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: APR GT3 CF Mirrors

Old 01-01-13, 05:56 PM   #111
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: Defi gauges installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejam2k View Post
I haven't used Vegas before, but all I can say is to ensure that the frame size is 1920x1080, and the frame rate is @ 60fps. It's possible to import a GoPro video clip into a lower-res profile/template in a rendering program, so be careful what the output file is rendered to. Though YouTube picked up that video as 1080p, so you've probably done it correct so far. I will say that dark scenes with my GoPro aren't the best, so it's possible you won't get optimal quality/sharpness when it's dark out.

Maybe check this out? Sony Vegas | Rendering in 1080p for YouTube HD (all versions) - YouTube

I also record and render all of my videos in the highest quality possible. For me, that is 1080p/30fps. You can always downgrade it later on, but upgrading/upscaling doesn't come out very good.
Thanks for the link, I tried the setup he uses in that and it came out pretty much the same. Probably just has to do with it being dark like you said. This isn't STi related but here's a video I made today using the x264 codec. Didn't get a chance to go to that parking lot to mess around cause my friend was busy, and I really didnt feel like being stuck there by myself in case I buried my car

https://www.youtube.com/v/YODSAsvnaVY
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-13, 04:29 PM   #112
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Willub's 04 STi: I bought me a GoPro!

Looks like I have another fuel leak under the intake manifold again. I had one after I swapped my turbo. I can smell raw fuel when I start my car and while it's cold, but once it's warmed up I cant smell anything. Hopefully I can get to the clamp I need to without lifting the manifold My up-pipe's heat shield broke off as well so it's rattling around like a mofo. I might as well get an aftermarket unit and throw it in rather than cutting the heat shield off.

I've also been debating on whether I should fix my finicky AP and get the "v2 b" upgrade for $150 from cobb or unmarry it and get a tactrix cable + laptop. I really want to try tuning the car myself, which is why I'm considering the tactrix cable.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-02-13, 07:57 PM   #113
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
Looks like I have another fuel leak under the intake manifold again. I had one after I swapped my turbo. I can smell raw fuel when I start my car and while it's cold, but once it's warmed up I cant smell anything. Hopefully I can get to the clamp I need to without lifting the manifold My up-pipe's heat shield broke off as well so it's rattling around like a mofo. I might as well get an aftermarket unit and throw it in rather than cutting the heat shield off.

I've also been debating on whether I should fix my finicky AP and get the "v2 b" upgrade for $150 from cobb or unmarry it and get a tactrix cable + laptop. I really want to try tuning the car myself, which is why I'm considering the tactrix cable.
Bad O-ring perhaps? Also make sure that all 3 fuel hoses are connected to the intake manifold, and that the EGR purge solenoid (the black hose on the front left area of the manifold) is plugged in. This hose vents the gas tank fumes.

I have a Grimmspeed uppipe - they are awesome.

If I was in your position and looking to tune my own car, I would definitely go the Cobb route. This is primarily due to the fact that they support realtime tuning. You can upgrade to the AP V2, and then download AccessTuner RACE for free. It has all the same feature as Protuner supposedly, you just can't lock the maps, and it will only work with your specific Accessport, based off a unique serial number. Realtime tuning is awesome because you could for example make intake/MAF changes while the car is running in realtime, and immediately see the result. To make the same change using open source, you'd have to turn the car off, connect the green test connectors, flash, unplug connectors, start car, then log.

Once all of your realtime tuning changes are done, you can save it as a map in ATR format, and then flash it to the ECU. Cobb providers their OTS maps in ATR format, so you would at least have something to start with. You could maybe try seeing if EFI would unlock your map for you, but some tuners won't do that in order to protect their tuning strategies and such.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-13, 09:10 PM   #114
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejam2k View Post
Bad O-ring perhaps? Also make sure that all 3 fuel hoses are connected to the intake manifold, and that the EGR purge solenoid (the black hose on the front left area of the manifold) is plugged in. This hose vents the gas tank fumes.

I have a Grimmspeed uppipe - they are awesome.

If I was in your position and looking to tune my own car, I would definitely go the Cobb route. This is primarily due to the fact that they support realtime tuning. You can upgrade to the AP V2, and then download AccessTuner RACE for free. It has all the same feature as Protuner supposedly, you just can't lock the maps, and it will only work with your specific Accessport, based off a unique serial number. Realtime tuning is awesome because you could for example make intake/MAF changes while the car is running in realtime, and immediately see the result. To make the same change using open source, you'd have to turn the car off, connect the green test connectors, flash, unplug connectors, start car, then log.

Once all of your realtime tuning changes are done, you can save it as a map in ATR format, and then flash it to the ECU. Cobb providers their OTS maps in ATR format, so you would at least have something to start with. You could maybe try seeing if EFI would unlock your map for you, but some tuners won't do that in order to protect their tuning strategies and such.
None of the 3 visible lines are leaking, and the purge valve is connected. The smell is coming from the passenger side of the manifold somewhere, which is where it was leaking before. I should be able to pull the P/S pump and find it, unless it's an injector o-ring like you said. I'll take a look some morning when it's cold and leaking

Damn, didn't know you couldn't tune in realtime with opensource. I already have the v2 AP, just not the v2 "b" which apparently doesn't have the dongle as a separate piece and is much sturdier. I also have accesstuner race downloaded. I guess I'll be sending my AP to Cobb. I mentioned adjusting the EFI map to Pete when I emailed them a while ago when I was changing my turbo inlet and intake and he said they couldn't unlock it. I wish I could just take a peek at it damnit!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-03-13, 07:27 AM   #115
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road

There are development plans to add realtime tuning to RomRaider, but it's been in the works for years now. That project relies on community support, so things get done pretty slow. I'm sure one day they will have it, but for now Cobb is a significantly more polished setup.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-04-13, 08:30 PM   #116
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Fixed the fuel leak. It was the same clamp that loosened up thankfully so it was a quick easy fix. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. The constant heat cycling must have loosened it just enough to where it would only leak while cold. It's nice to have a gasoline free burst of air when I first turn my heat on

List of what's to come

Grimmspeed up pipe
Boost leak test
Sending my AP out for repair
Re-tuning - by me

Stay tuned for another blown engine thread!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-09-13, 04:23 PM   #117
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Here's the pesky clamp under the manifold that keeps coming loose. Luckily I can just remove the P/S pump and grab the threads with some needle nosed vice grips and tighten it up.

Snow camo mode. This happens after driving around my town on un-plowed roads

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-23-13, 02:26 PM   #118
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I have another fuel leak It's probably the same clamp and line. This time I'm just going apeshit on it and tightening it as much as I can. If the clamp breaks then I'll just get new fuel lines and clamps and just lift the manifold to take care of this for another 100k miles.

In other news, my car started and ran on 3 cylinders for a couple seconds today. This was in my 60 degree garage as well. Do not like. I'm hoping it has to do with my fuel leak and there was just an air pocket in an injector or something. The car ran fine and I checked my oil and it's right up to the top after 3k miles, so that's somewhat of a relief.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-23-13, 04:05 PM   #119
yazel
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2004 STi
Fav Mod: Sparco Evo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

yazel is on a distinguished road

Hope you get that all fixed up ^
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-25-13, 10:50 AM   #120
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazel View Post
Hope you get that all fixed up ^
Thanks. The good news is that the car has been starting up normally even in this 10 degree weather. The bad news is I looked at it last night and it isn't the same line that has been causing the issue. It smelled like a line under the driver side of the manifold. After slugging down a beer in preparation to lift the manifold I noticed the smell was even stronger when I was just leaning on the driver side fender. Took a look down and saw that the fuel pulsation dampener was a little moist with gasoline. Sweet! I was able to turn all of the fuel line clamps two FULL turns in that area. At this point my nose was desensitized to the smell of gasoline so I couldn't tell what smelled and what didnt and called it a night hoping the problem was solved. I'll find out within the next couple of days.

Some solid good news is that I have some tires to run for this coming summer. My friend who works for Mercedes nabbed some 235/45/17 toyo proxes 4's with about half of their life left, fo' free! They're all seasons but hey, saves me from blowing 600 bucks on tires. They'll be good for rainy auto-x days as well.

Last edited by willub; 01-25-13 at 10:55 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement