GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone! I'm still here. - Page 21 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone!  I'm still here.
yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone!  I'm still here.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone! I'm still here.

Old 08-01-12, 07:33 AM   #201
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - KW is sending a brand new set of coilovers.

I had a friend have a DW injector fail recently. I tuned her car enough to drive around and check things over. I had an injector stick open and flood the engine enough to leak through the uppipe gasket. She then took the car to Cobb Plano and the injector completely gave out on the dyno.

The car:

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 08-01-12 at 07:41 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-12, 03:58 PM   #202
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Car is together, on E85, cleaned up and took it to a show.

The car has been driving for the last week or so... I've been trying to get ahold of KS Tech to order my intake, but they/he is pretty slow with e-mail. I'll call in tomorrow. I have been driving it and finally have all the gas flushed out (aside for the 15% in the E85) and have been enjoying the car at WG spring pressure (16.5). It already pulls harder than my 19.5 PSI stage 2 tune I did. I am LOVING my equal length header. It sounds great through the rest of the Cobb TBE and throught the EWG (more superbike sounding). We did a 4th gear pull at 1650 RPM and by 1850 RPM, I had full spool (again, spring pressure is 16.5) and it held. It's a different feeling to not feel the dramatic drop up top. After hearing and seeing my header perform, my buddy ordered a header and is waiting for it to come in.

Anyway, our local Subaru club went to an annual car show that we attended last year, so I cleaned up the car. It's mostly a Muscle Car/American Car show, but they like the Subaru crowd around here. Last year, my SHO placed in the top 20... This year, the STi brought home the "Best Subaru" award (just shy of 20 Subaru's there). It looks stock and clean, but if you're a gearhead, you'll see what that it's more than what appears. Anyway, thought I'd share some pics!

SUBURU!

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 08-05-12 at 04:16 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-05-12, 04:43 PM   #203
got2boostit2
Administrator
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

got2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Car is together, on E85, cleaned up and took it to a show.

Jason, looking good as always. Congratulations on the trophy. Time to ditch the prop rod and get proper hood struts. You will love one hand hood opening. LoL

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-12, 07:18 AM   #204
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks!

I've been eyeing them for awhile. My SHO has them from the factory and it makes it easier to work on.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-06-12, 07:29 AM   #205
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road

I have no complaints about my Ixiz hood dampers. I got the plain black ones, but on their site right now, I'm only seeing the stainless add to cart option.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-06-12, 10:28 PM   #206
SubieEngineer
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Fav Mod: #576 IS SOLD!!!
My Subaru Parts for sale

SubieEngineer is on a distinguished road

Nice job at the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercamel View Post
I have no complaints about my Ixiz hood dampers. I got the plain black ones, but on their site right now, I'm only seeing the stainless add to cart option.
+1 I've had a set on the car for something like 2 years. Well worth it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-08-12, 12:50 PM   #207
pingpong
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 07 OBP STi
Fav Mod: CS-X3 Squash air freshener
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

pingpong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe, suburu.

Congrats on the car show. Great build as well. Can't wait to see that thing on corn!

Do you use the road dyno spreadsheet? Interested into seeing what type of number it is going to put down.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-08-12, 03:29 PM   #208
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercamel View Post
For the price, I was looking at the Gimmick units, but I'll have to do more research on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
Hehe, suburu.

Congrats on the car show. Great build as well. Can't wait to see that thing on corn!

Do you use the road dyno spreadsheet? Interested into seeing what type of number it is going to put down.

Thanks. It's already on corn. I ordered my intake from KStech yesterday, so I'll probably get it early next week and then go out and do some real tuning. I'm thinking 22-23 PSI right now. It should move pretty good.

I will do a Airboy dyno, however, I'd like to get it on a real dyno. When I ran an Airboy dyno on my buddies WRX I tuned, it was within a couple hp and tq on the real dyno at the same boost level (300whp / 320wtq). I want a car that runs hard, but don't want to pop the motor for awhile. I would like to build my spare block before then, this winter or next.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-11-12, 07:59 PM   #209
Acejam2k
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: For those 13 seconds or less, I'm free!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Acejam2k is on a distinguished road

Bump for more Invidia ELH videos!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-12-12, 11:44 AM   #210
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

This is all I have right now:

https://www.youtube.com/v/ug-NIy9Ri2w

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement