GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone! I'm still here. - Page 209 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone!  I'm still here.
yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone!  I'm still here.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone! I'm still here.

Old 10-26-19, 03:38 PM   #2081
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Yes, I hope it goes to a good home as well. Thank you for sharing it.

I currently have an out of state guy that wants me to take it to have a Subaru shop look at it, his expense. I understand someone wants an unbiased check on the car, but truth be told, I'm going to know about what's going on more than most shops.

I made the offer that he could have someone come look at it, but also dropped some names of well known people that can vouch for the car. We'll see how interested he is. I have no interest in handing the car over to a shop...

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 10-26-19 at 03:50 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-19, 05:58 AM   #2082
Jay11STI
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: 2011 SWP STi Sedan
Fav Mod: EWG & The Look On Your Face
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jay11STI has a spectacular aura aboutJay11STI has a spectacular aura aboutJay11STI has a spectacular aura about

That thing will catch a pretty penny im sure. Good luck with sale and hope it goes to a good home.

Now the real question is, will you be back??

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-27-19, 09:49 AM   #2083
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I haven't owned my SHO in almost 7 years and I still visit the SHO Forum often for helping. It's a bit different now as the SHO's I know are getting old and I don't give to craps about the EcoBoost SHO.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-19, 03:54 PM   #2084
got2boostit2
Administrator
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

got2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to all

Well at least it appears to have gone to a good home. No disrespect to the Chi folks, but looking at winners bid history landed in the better place. And he has a SHO!

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-31-19, 03:57 PM   #2085
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

He's got 3 SHO's, Porsche's and Ferrari's.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-07-19, 12:36 PM   #2086
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Car is back on gasoline... It's definitely slower, but still peppy (that's at 8k+ ft ASL). I will be on the dyno with it tomorrow and the new owner will take it from there.

I had to do some work on cold starting, but I suspect the map I put on last night will be OEM like starting.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-12-19, 09:40 AM   #2087
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone! I'm still here.

It's been a few days since the car has been gone and... I really don't miss it. In fact, I've enjoyed the extra space of clearing out a vehicle I never drive, plus any parts I had related to the car. I'm still in the middle of cleaning, but I have started making use of the space for getting other work done.

That said, after I got the car on 91, I did a few street pulls to test and adjust. I had the car making 21 PSI up at this altitude and kept the timing in a lower, safer range based on what the new owner wanted to use the car for. In fact, at the end, I did two back-to-back pulls... First was after it had sat and cooled a little and we used the intercooler sprayer. The second pull was immediately after and did not use the intercooler sprayer... It made something like 8hp more on the second pull. That should prove to be consistent for back-to-back street stuff.

Here are the E85 vs 91 graphs, using the same dyno. It lost 45whp and 81wtq (I actually made like 10whp with timing on another set of pulls, but backed it down as the 10whp wasn't something the owner was going to feel and he was stoked for it to have 350whp, but ultimately, we ended up on the map I made on the street... Literally).

Last picture taken at my house, loaded up and heading to the dyno.

New owner picked it up from the dyno and he was there to watch the tuning.

The new owner is very cool... He's a car collector, so I imagine this car will be in good hands for a long time! He sent me pictures the next day of him and the family taking it out for a drive.

My car is gone, but I am not. I plan to continue to be active on these boards.

Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 11-12-19, 09:53 AM   #2088
BlueScooby
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Sad to see it go, but at least its going to a great home!

I'm still looking forward to some updates on all the killer upgrades on the S2000 as well!

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old Today, 12:08 PM   #2089
Guardian-X-
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Ecutek racerom tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Guardian-X- is on a distinguished road

Nice to see the car has gone to a good home. Congratulations on the sale. 350Whp is plenty for a streetcar.

Good to see you are sticking arround as the GD section seems to have one leg in the coffin already.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement