GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone! I'm still here. - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone!  I'm still here.
yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone!  I'm still here.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - SOLD and gone! I'm still here.

Old 04-13-10, 09:17 AM   #11
E85STI
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

E85STI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yamahaSHO's street build! *Ain't those new parts purrdy?

Its depressing seeing your 20g and KW v1's in their boxes. I myself have no room to talk lol. After you decide on your Process West TM, let me know, I want to see this thing up close. I can help you with your turbo install; seen one & been around one.

Let me know when would be a good time to stop by this week.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-10, 11:36 AM   #12
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauuce View Post
Let me know what kind of AFR's you are seeing on the COBB stg 2 91 map. I'm on the same map and catless as well, but I see AFR's below 10.0 when I go WOT, and I really dont like it.

Thanks!

And let me know what kind of pictures you want of the PLX guage. I'll get them over to you.
I don't have a WBO2 yet, but I think the AP reported 11ish. I'll pick up a WB soon as I need it before injectors. I was just curious to see the mounting on yours if you have more pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E85STI View Post
Its depressing seeing your 20g and KW v1's in their boxes. I myself have no room to talk lol. After you decide on your Process West TM, let me know, I want to see this thing up close. I can help you with your turbo install; seen one & been around one.

Let me know when would be a good time to stop by this week.
I only work Wednesday this week and next. I'm not ready to install yet, but you're welcome to come hang out.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-13-10, 05:06 PM   #13
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Had a little free time today, so I debadged the trunk. I really like the clean look.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-10, 09:58 PM   #14
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Went to the local track today (Mid-America Motorplex - Iowa) and didn't too bad. I made two runs that night and hung out for the rest of the night. This was the first time launching this car and I was taking it easy as I'm still fairly new to it (just hit 3k miles since I bought it). I did get to race a $95,000 car and well, you'll see the video. It turns out to be the car that always parks next to me on base

This is only an 1/8 mile track. (roughly 1,000 ft above sea level)

First run:

R/T: .265
60' : 2.164
330: 5.963
1/8: 9.038
MPH: 80.02

Second run:

R/T: .426
60' : 2.095
330: 5.825
1/8: 8.870
MPH: 80.63

Current mods are COBB TBE, COBB OTS tune w/o launch control. EDIT: After looking at others slips, there is definitely a better launch to be had with this car.

https://www.youtube.com/v/dx8LBBbvPqQ

My SHO ran the 1/8-mile in 9.6 @ 80mph at Bandimere Raceway (5,800 ft above sea level). Unknown to me at the time, it had and electrical issue and no functioning secondaries, which means NO low end and completely spinning after 4k RPM through 2 gears. Means nothing to you guys, but I do like to compare the two cars since I've got a lot of time into it.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 04-16-10 at 10:06 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 10:04 PM   #15
chargedvette02
Account Inactive
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: I'm just a regular everyday normal guy.
My Subaru Parts for sale

chargedvette02 is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you run in the 1/4 at Bandi with your SHO?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 10:13 PM   #16
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargedvette02 View Post
What did you run in the 1/4 at Bandi with your SHO?
Spinning in two gears... My best was 14.4 @ 110 mph (still in 3rd gear). I never got a chance to work out the issues before moving and I was hesitant after snapping an axle on my first run... as seen/heard in this first video, on the first run (the turbo SHO next to me was smoking his clutch).

https://www.youtube.com/v/qqimugXCjbw

And the following week:

https://www.youtube.com/v/hCWF0I0aGsg

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 10:21 PM   #17
chargedvette02
Account Inactive

My Subaru Parts for sale

I don't blame you for being hesitant after you broke. It sucks running 14's with a trap speed of 110 huh. I know the feeling, when I had my supercharged C5 I had multiple runs of very low 13's between 118-124 mph. Pretty frustrating.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 10:25 PM   #18
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah, it sucks bawlz. I had to drive across Denver to a NAPA that had an axle in stock, picked it up, drove back, installed, and then ran a couple more times that day

My buddy Pat (has the white SC SHO and Dinan BMW in the vids) has another SC SHO that was running low 13's at 116+ and he was always scared of breaking. We both were road course guys which is much easier on the transmission, but HELL on the motor.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 10:28 PM   #19
chargedvette02
Account Inactive

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Yeah, it sucks bawlz. I had to drive across Denver to a NAPA that had an axle in stock, picked it up, drove back, installed, and then ran a couple more times that day

My buddy Pat (has the white SC SHO and Dinan BMW in the vids) has another SC SHO that was running low 13's at 116+ and he was always scared of breaking. We both were road course guys which is much easier on the transmission, but HELL on the motor.
If I was FWD I would rather race on a road course compared to the 1/4. You don't really have to go from a dig so makes life a bit easier. I was never scared of breaking anything in my 'Vette, I'm just a crappy driver.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-17-10, 12:50 PM   #20
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I am a n00b at launching... I felt fast in the STi because I wasn't uncontrollably spinning like I'm used to

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement