GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Racing at Street Car Takeover Denver! - Page 204 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Racing at Street Car Takeover Denver!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Racing at Street Car Takeover Denver!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Racing at Street Car Takeover Denver!

Old 06-11-19, 05:51 AM   #2031
raisingAnarchy
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: CBS '16 STI
Fav Mod: Driver mod
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

raisingAnarchy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Likely keeping it as a daily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
I kinda have the bug to run an 11-second time at Bandimere. I don't care if it is 11.999, I built this car to be an 11-second street car (reference the first page from 10 years ago... 11's aren't as "fast" anymore!), which I think it is at sea level.

Image Link

I'll get this in and tuned and go on a cool night and see what happens. Kevin and will put our cars on the dyno in two weeks to tune them. I want to see where timing fits at this load/baro, which will help me apply to other people's maps since I've got good tuning experience at high and low altitude. My motor has not blown yet, so I have to be doing alright as I exercise it every time I drive it!
What is that in the picture?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-19, 07:14 AM   #2032
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

4 port EBCS. Did your turbo already come with a wastegate that works with that?
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-11-19, 07:46 AM   #2033
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I already have a 2-port TurboSmart actuator.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-19, 01:58 PM   #2034
Delphi
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: 6 Speed
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Delphi will become famous soon enough

This is easily an 11 second car. I hope you hit it man.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-29-19, 02:31 PM   #2035
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Kevin and I went to the dyno yesterday. He wanted to finally bump the power and I wanted to check my tune, which I did in a dyno in Omaha, up at high altitude. I tried some things, but the map I made on the last dyno is what I went back to. My 6758 falls off up top, way up here. It did not help that it was a 90+ degree day. From what I've read, this DYNOmite reads 11-14% lower than a DynoJet, so I am happy with the numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/v/6xZGjgNwn6I

Kevin should be faster than me now. He made a good bit more power than me with his 7163. I ran out of WGDC on his car trying to hold 29 PSI. I believe hell be doing a 4-port now.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-17-19, 06:15 PM   #2036
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - NEW dyno numbers!

What a weekend... Zach, with The Blue Turd drove from Atlanta to Denver to come hang out and run the SHO at Street Car Takeover, still trying for 9's. Zach and I did some test passes on the roll races to see how it would behave up here. From a roll, the big turbo in the SHO didn't spool to well in 2nd gear. He then hit 3rd and boost came on hard and then he screamed by me and let off after hitting boost cut (we removed the second boost target map on the car... Don't know why, and it targeted 34 PSI and our boost cut was 26... Easy fix).

https://www.youtube.com/v/VZWdPLPeVjA

For the first drag pass, Zach said he wanted to run the 9 on the first pass and wanted me to turn it up. We ran 22 PSI, climbing to 24 PSI after 6,500 RPM (we made 830whp at 20 PSI). He got a decent launch with a 1.5 60', but we did not anticipate the clutch slipping... OVER HALF OF THE TRACK.

https://www.youtube.com/v/PV_D2ZDtabs

Next pass was the first round. It had rained for 2 hours and they had to dry an prep the track. It also dropped 40 degrees, so we weren't sure how well the car would hook up. We ended up bogging a 1.8 60'. I had also turned down the boost to salvage a pass with the clutch, running 15 PSI ramping to 17 PSI. After the bad launch, the car screamed to his person best trap speed, at BANDIMERE, no less (I think it was still 8,200 DA).

https://www.youtube.com/v/QawLhOArl2w

https://www.youtube.com/v/iY7po5mrsvs

We found a bearing starting to eat itself, so we put the car on the trailer to salvage the motor for another time. Zach was half tempted to throw thick oil in and go get the 9, but instead, he's got a better clutch coming and will swap bearings if all is okay, and take the car to Indy for Street Car Takeover in a couple weeks.

My car performed consistently hitting high 114mph trap speeds, even as the temps rose well into the 90's. I do look forward to installing the 4-port and going back to the track!

500whp SHO, my STi, and The Blue Turd

Kevin (Leemanfor) came out and although he ran faster than he previously did, he will need to run the second port on his EWG as he still could not hold boost on the track.

We got home at around 1:30 in the morning, unloaded my car and parked everything so that we could leave at 3:45 for the airport, where we spent a few days in Vegas. So much lost sleep, but such a fun time! Street Car Takeover was a shit show again... The gates opened at least an hour after they were supposed to. I didn't get in until TWO FUCKING HOURS after the gates were supposed to open and my class was already running before I got the car off the trailer.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 07-17-19 at 06:59 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 07-17-19, 06:59 PM   #2037
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Racing at Street Car Takeover Denver!

A few more races...

Me vs... I can't remember. A loud G8 that I expected more from. I am the pace car since I am on the left, so him starting behind was his fault, but the trap speeds don't lie.

https://www.youtube.com/v/9cEhC5i1PuQ

Kevin vs a turbo S2000. He barely lost and would likely have beat him if he was able to hit boost.

https://www.youtube.com/v/kX0WxK9AjtY

Me and The Blue Turd

https://www.youtube.com/v/CRAeqlQdtgA

Me vs a Cobra...

https://www.youtube.com/v/tP44m2j7xP8

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 07-19-19 at 08:51 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-17-19, 08:48 PM   #2038
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Good stuff and looked like fun.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-18-19, 07:35 PM   #2039
Gigs
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: S204 Engine
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura about

These posts make me want an EFR Turbo but dam the price of entry is high due to be being JDM Twinscroll
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-18-19, 08:48 PM   #2040
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I don't think you'll regret an EFR. For street and track, the response awesome. I get that comment every time I take someone for a ride through the mountains up here.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 07-18-19 at 09:11 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement