GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale! - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Old 07-14-10, 11:42 AM   #61
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO's street build! *I've been side-tracked...

I'm still here.... Just side-tracked. After almost stripping out the nuts on the power steering rack, I took a break from the car. It is still on jack stands. I probably won't get to everything I wanted to this year as my time will be completely taken up for over two months starting in September. It should be a good winter project!

The basment has been gaining my interest as it is so close to done. I watched couple of SD movies on it last week through the Xbox and some computer speakers. I can't want to fire it up with the 7.2 surround.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-10, 04:19 PM   #62
HolyCrapItsFast
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: AEM Standalone
My Subaru Parts for sale

HolyCrapItsFast is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like it's going to be a comfortable place to hang. Good luck and keep us posted on its progress. I'm interested in all the electronic goodies your gona set up.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-14-10, 06:12 PM   #63
chargedvette02
Account Inactive

Fav Mod: I'm just a regular everyday normal guy.
My Subaru Parts for sale

chargedvette02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that is sweet!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-10, 06:23 AM   #64
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Theater/basement update: I ordered the seats last week and they should be in sometime this week. I went with Coaster Pavillions:

STi: I finally got back to work on the car. The front end is down and I'll be swapping in the coilovers in the rear today. When I did the steering rack bushings, I was worried that I may be close to stripping the threads when bolting it all back up. I since stopped using my torque wrench for everything and it all feels fine.

I'll take some pictures, but I've got some massive wheel gap I'm going to let the suspension settle for a couple weeks before lowering it.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-08-10, 05:38 PM   #65
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm kind of digging the pink sway bar

Been driving the car for a week or so after letting it sit for over a week with the coilovers installed. I think the suspension is settled now, so I need to lower the car. I wasn't able to get the MSI ALK installed as I just couldn't get any torque on the bolts laying on the ground with the front of the car jacked up. I'll use a 2-post lift on base here and take care of it soon.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-10, 11:34 AM   #66
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I installed my Oswald Performance front bumper beam last night. Taking the bumper off is a pain. Now I have to order some push-pins

I also just placed an order for an Oswald Performance "triangle brace". I drove around without the back seat and BOY does the car needs some rigidity back there! This should solve it. As soon as they get the rear bumper beam back in stock, that's next!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-20-10, 03:29 AM   #67
bannerd
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Black 06 WRX, 04 STi
Fav Mod: Oreos
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

bannerd is an unknown quantity at this point

How do those KW coil overs ride? I really need new suspension on my car
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-10, 10:45 AM   #68
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannerd View Post
How do those KW coil overs ride? I really need new suspension on my car
Sorry, just saw this. They actually ride pretty good. They are firm, but when I hit a big bump, the car doesn't get completely jar'd like the COBB springs used to do. I looked under the car the other day and I saw a greenish (dried) liquid coming down one of the struts. I will take the wheel off this weekend and inspect. I'm not positive it came from the strut it wasn't very high on the strut (as far as I could see).

I installed my Oswald Triangle Brace last week and I absolutely love it. There was instant gratification when I backed out of my driveway and didn't hear the rear moan, grown and creak. I'll have to post pictures of it as well as their front bumper beam I installed. I'm still waiting for the rear bumper beam to come back in stock. I like dropping weight without giving up anything!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-03-10, 10:26 PM   #69
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I had some free time and took the car out to the track. I loaded a Launch Control map this time but set the Flat-Foot shifting at 6,500 as I didn't want to use it.

I was pretty consistant, although had I not hit the rev limiter in first on my last run, it would have probably been my best. The temps cooled off an it ran through first a little quicker than I was ready for My best run was:

60' - 1.8
1/8 - 8.40 @ 82.x mph

Here are the videos we got:

https://www.youtube.com/v/ABRjU9kJq34

https://www.youtube.com/v/DqhoQUx68vY

https://www.youtube.com/v/6RyK5ziWL-E

I knocked just shy of half a second off my outing earlier this year, so I'm pretty happy overall. I really wish I would have broken into 8.3's since I was very close. Now time for my 20g, E85 and a clutch!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-03-10, 10:35 PM   #70
chargedvette02
Account Inactive

Fav Mod: I'm just a regular everyday normal guy.
My Subaru Parts for sale

chargedvette02 is an unknown quantity at this point

That thing will scream with a 20G and E85.

Last edited by chargedvette02; 09-03-10 at 10:46 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement