GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale! - Page 25 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Old 02-19-13, 01:13 PM   #241
T3h_Clap
I Solve Problems
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC SST's and Vorshlag Plates
My Subaru Parts for sale

T3h_Clap will become famous soon enoughT3h_Clap will become famous soon enough
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Sleeping for Winter...

Maybe it's time for a more tech oriented S2k forum.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-13, 01:39 PM   #242
iLuveKetchup
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: STi | s2k | s2k CR
Fav Mod: keeping it stock
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

iLuveKetchup is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to stick to the Race & Comp forum in s2ki. That's probably the only forum I go to regularly. But your are right. For the most part, owners will rather get a JDM crap over a functional part. I think it has a lot to do with USDM companies are not in support of the s2k (due to potential lack luster sales). So the only avenue is the JDM part. Also, there really isn't much you can do to the s2k. Its speed really comes from tires, suspension, brakes, & aero. Not much in the way of HP. It's a simple formula. I was taken back when I first got my 04 STi. I was shocked at the bushings that had to be replaced just to get it on par.

But I do see more s2ks at the track than I do Subarus. And I hardly see s2ks. Most Subarus I see are for street use, which is cool and what I like my STi for.

Last edited by iLuveKetchup; 02-19-13 at 01:49 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-13, 02:04 PM   #243
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I'm not in it for power... If I were, it'd be over 600whp and I would have already bought a turbo. The only thing I'm doing for power is I/H/E, E85, and some tuning. Everything else is geared towards making it go faster around track.

I do mostly stick to the Race & Comp on the boards, but I like to get into technical with the motors, so I can't help myself.

As far s the JDM... I mostly see valve covers and intake, which... There are lots of well priced intakes and valves covers... MEH. I'd rather powder coat it and put a sticker on it.

I'll be sure to make a journal when I pick it up in about 2.5 weeks. I had to plan travel around a work schedule.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-13, 03:40 PM   #244
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup View Post
Also, there really isn't much you can do to the s2k. Its speed really comes from tires, suspension, brakes, & aero.
That's basically a race-prepped Miata too. Heh.

As far as people with cars like that, you don't regularly see many too many around here that were done right. I was surprised at seeing the amount I did at ICC. Seemed to come out of the woodwork.

Which by your picture Jaz, it looks like you were in the NW corner of the lot. I was parked over by the NebSub guys in the SW and didn' make it over to that part. Had I seen ya, I would've said hi.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-21-13, 11:33 AM   #245
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post

Which by your picture Jaz, it looks like you were in the NW corner of the lot. I was parked over by the NebSub guys in the SW and didn' make it over to that part. Had I seen ya, I would've said hi.
I was on the west side, but more in the center. I was right next to the Mein Vinyl tent. I walked over to the Subaru area and talked with Russ and EmJay for a bit.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-23-13, 03:31 PM   #246
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

I didn't see that you dropped that oil cooler price to $250 before it you sold it. Dang it!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-01-13, 02:58 PM   #247
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Since the nice weather is around the corner, I put the car up on jack stands to take care of the bushings I have left that will complete me having replaced every single bushing on the car.

While installing the differential bushings, I found mine to be very loose. For a part that is supposed to limit the movement that the stock bushings suffer from, this seems like a bad start. I recently did these on my buddies 07 STi Wagon and although I thought they were a tad loose, it was nothing like this (but I had it loaded up with dielectric grease too). I can wiggle it back and forth smacking it from side to side (there's no compression). Anyone else have this issue?

On a side note, this is a brand new diff mount bracket. Let's just say that the person I let press the bushing out let it out of his site for a short break at work and someone dumbass screwed up my stock one. I ended up using my jaw pullers to get these out.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 04-02-13 at 09:28 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-04-13, 08:19 PM   #248
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Dang, that's a lot of bushings you've replaced. I hope to do most if not all as well eventually. Did you mix vendors with all of 'em?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-04-13, 09:30 PM   #249
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Most of them are TiC or Kartboy, and the front control arms are PowerFlex.

Still waiting on TiC to get back with me on a solution to my situation. He initially said that he's seen this happen before. I mentioned it was a new bracket and he wondered if Subaru had changed suppliers, so I then tested it on my original 2005 mount and it was the exact same fitment. Currently the car is up on jack stands waiting for something from them. I can never get him to confirm measurements on any of their parts which would make this much easier for me. I'm starting to lose my faith in TiC. Currently, I'd trust the stock squishy mounts over this. I can rattle these things around by shaking the differential mount. If installed, it would just allow my differential to continue shifting...

I've purchased a good bit of stuff from TiC, so hopefully he comes through. Hopefully not after I have to throw a shit fit.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-05-13, 12:03 PM   #250
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Man, that is so unlike TiC, at least from what I've read of them.

I realize people are busy, but a quick measurement email shot back in your direction shouldn't be too hard right?? Basically, it's doing exactly the opposite of what it was designed to do; not cool. Hopefully they get you sorted.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement