GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale! - Page 24 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Old 02-02-13, 02:57 PM   #231
iLuveKetchup
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: STi | s2k | s2k CR
Fav Mod: keeping it stock
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

iLuveKetchup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Sleeping for Winter...

Is there a risk in sucking water through the intake?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-13, 02:59 PM   #232
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

The intake is all the way at the top of the fender. If I suck up water, I would have bigger issues.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-02-13, 03:02 PM   #233
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Ha, found a picture of me with my car on 1320Video from our "Ice Cream Cruise" this past year:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-13, 03:02 PM   #234
iLuveKetchup
Master Contributor Level 2

Car: STi | s2k | s2k CR
Fav Mod: keeping it stock
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

iLuveKetchup is an unknown quantity at this point

^ Gotcha. Looks great!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 08:07 AM   #235
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road

I forget if you tune the sti yourself. Was it easy to scale the MAF voltage?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 08:14 AM   #236
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yes, I tune myself. I actually bought this MAF after tuning a car that had one. I originally tuned the individual's car the previous year. Later he bought this MAF/intake and I found it extremely easy to scale this in.

Fit and quality are very good. For the money, it's my pick.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-18-13, 09:26 PM   #237
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Cool to hear you're getting an S2K. I never thought I'd say this about a Honda besides the NSX, but I'm starting to like that car more and more. Oh, and subscribed!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-13, 11:42 AM   #238
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm not going to lie, some of the S2000 community worries me. It seems behind in many aspects, and people will pay $1,000+ for an intake due to being "JDM", but gain like .2hp. I do already have a stack of S2000 parts awaiting the car to include: Wilwood BBK, track wheels, Crawford AOS, fuel injectors + new seals for running E85, lug nuts, car cover, etc.

As for the STi; Hoping TIG Werks gets on the motor/trans mounts project as I'm in need for a good mount that allows me to customize the bushings firmness. His design looks to be the best out there and I won't have to feel everything on my street car. I plan to do mounts the same time I do the KillerB pickup and windage tray.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-13, 12:27 PM   #239
T3h_Clap
I Solve Problems
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC SST's and Vorshlag Plates
My Subaru Parts for sale

T3h_Clap will become famous soon enoughT3h_Clap will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
It seems behind in many aspects, and people will pay $1,000+ for an intake due to being "JDM", but gain like .2hp.
I wouldn't say "it's behind", there are simply some individuals that will pay extra for design, pedigree, and country of origin. If your intentions aren't to win, power gain doesn't matter. If your intentions are to get the most looks that .2hp JDM Intake maybe the ticket.

Every car has and needs these types of people. There is a strong race contingent of S2k's the ones I know of are more active on their respective sanctioning body boards or local forums and they simply do the S2k forums for deals and lols.

/rant
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-13, 12:37 PM   #240
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h_Clap View Post
I wouldn't say "it's behind", there are simply some individuals that will pay extra for design, pedigree, and country of origin.
I wasn't really meaning for the statement of being behind and the intake to be related. I just happen to make two statements in the same sentence. I was referencing more of the technical talk since I like to tune... That was a fun thread.

Quote:
If your intentions aren't to win, power gain doesn't matter. If your intentions are to get the most looks that .2hp JDM Intake maybe the ticket.
Are we talking about car shows? That's about what "JDM" is good for.

Quote:
Every car has and needs these types of people. There is a strong race contingent of S2k's the ones I know of are more active on their respective sanctioning body boards or local forums and they simply do the S2k forums for deals and lols.

/rant
I don't really care for the rant. I stick to the racing sections of the boards which is the reason I went with the car. My local S2000 stuff is pretty much non-existant. Most I see around here are poorly done and a buddy of mine putting 750+whp out of his S2000, but is just a street racer.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement