GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale! - Page 22 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Old 08-30-12, 10:38 PM   #211
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Car is together, on E85, cleaned up and took it to a show.

I've made some time to start some real tuning on the car now that I have a KS Tech 73mm CAI. Everything has been going fine aside from one issue. It drives smooth, builds boost pretty quickly, and pulls nicely. The problem I'm running into is that my OL MAF scaling is finding that I am running leaner than commanded in one spot. I haven't quite figured out the issue yet.

After the first night, I pulled the car in to find that I blew the vac line going to the tee on the BPV. It wasn't completely blown off, but I'm sure it was causing issues. It already had a zip tie on it, so I put two on this time. I also blew off the vac line in going to the check valve for the EVAP. I put it back on with a zip tie. I later found that my new Go Fast Bit BPV was sticking as it was closing, so I lubed it up and adjusted spring tension. I also tried my buddies BPV and neither made a difference.

The common thing I did find was that it happens around 2.8 MAFv, 4ish PSI, and around 2,500 RPM. This is both in 3rd and 4th gear. Tomorrow, I'll try second gear and see what stays constant and I will log Final Fueling (been meaning to do that).

Another thought is that I will try rotating the MAF a little to see if that helps. There are a few vac lines behind the PS pump and alternator that I need to check and zip tie, but everything looks good looking down with a flashlight. I don't necessarily think it is a leak as it's not a constant. There are no issue in CL and it seems to spike then return to normal (AFR goes flat until redline).

I can say that it is coming together nicely otherwise. My buddy who was driving for me while I was logging and tuning came across a C6 Vette with healthy exhaust. I don't think he expected my car to take off the way it did. I was pretty happy as it's only about 20 PSI right now on timing slightly higher than gas timing. I think I will settle around 23 PSI once I get everything sorted out.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-12, 08:24 PM   #212
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Car is together, on E85, cleaned up and took it to a show.

Well, the car has been sitting under a cover for about a month. I wanted to take it out for the local Subaru Fall meet, but the night before it decided to rain, then randomly freeze and the salt was put down. With that said, the car will rest until Spring after the snow is gone and it's rained a few times to wash the roads of salt. In the mean time, the SHO will be sold and an S2000 will take its place and be built as a track car.

So... Picked up some wheels for $375 and had them powdered and cleared.

These wheels will actually find a new home, so I am on the hunt for another cheap set to powder white for my car. I want to keep my originals gold as I want the option to switch back and forth.

With all the sales today, I picked up a Grimmspeed master cylinder brace and a Greddy magnetic oil drain plug.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-24-12, 12:37 PM   #213
SubieEngineer
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Fav Mod: #576 IS SOLD!!!
My Subaru Parts for sale

SubieEngineer is on a distinguished road

Selling the SHO...?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-12, 01:46 PM   #214
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yup. Ready to move on. Been thinking of selling for a few years now.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-27-12, 09:05 PM   #215
SubieEngineer

My Subaru Parts for sale

Hopefully it goes on to a good home when the time comes.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-27-12, 09:09 PM   #216
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

It's staying in the SHO family. My buddy in California (same guy who used to live here and helped me finish my basement) is buying it. He'll keep it registered here since it is his HOR.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-27-12, 10:09 PM   #217
SubieEngineer

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
It's staying in the SHO family. My buddy in California (same guy who used to live here and helped me finish my basement) is buying it. He'll keep it registered here since it is his HOR.
Good deal!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-07-12, 10:24 PM   #218
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Well, the car has been sitting under a cover for about a month. I wanted to take it out for the local Subaru Fall meet, but the night before it decided to rain, then randomly freeze and the salt was put down. With that said, the car will rest until Spring after the snow is gone and it's rained a few times to wash the roads of salt. In the mean time, the SHO will be sold and an S2000 will take its place and be built as a track car.

So... Picked up some wheels for $375 and had them powdered and cleared.

Image Link

These wheels will actually find a new home, so I am on the hunt for another cheap set to powder white for my car. I want to keep my originals gold as I want the option to switch back and forth.

With all the sales today, I picked up a Grimmspeed master cylinder brace and a Greddy magnetic oil drain plug.
Ha... I fell into a pretty good deal today. I picked up a set of good gold, non curb rashed BBS today for $350 locally. I now have 3 sets of wheels sitting in the garage (2 sets of BBS and a set of 17x9 RPF1's). I've been a wheel whore lately.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-08-12, 08:25 AM   #219
T3h_Clap
I Solve Problems
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC SST's and Vorshlag Plates
My Subaru Parts for sale

T3h_Clap will become famous soon enoughT3h_Clap will become famous soon enough

17x9 RPF1s for the S2k?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-08-12, 10:06 AM   #220
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yes. Got a deal on couldn't pass up.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement