GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale! - Page 18 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Old 06-12-12, 10:02 AM   #171
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - 900 miles later, a KW strut failed --- Failure likely at 100 miles

My last e-mail reply to KW, I asked to speak to his boss. The guy doesn't even know what he's saying and contradicts himself from one e-mail to the next. To make it even better, HE HAS A 2006 STi (and never heard of these right-rear squeak issue for this application).

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-12, 09:17 PM   #172
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - 900 miles later, a KW strut failed --- Failure likely at 100 miles

Finally getting to installing my ID1000's with the T1 Top Feed kit. I've pulled an intake on these cars before, but it had already had most of the complicated crap removed and a rotated turbo. Mine just plain annoyed me. My much more elaborate SHO intake and supercharger could be done in an hour or less (mostly less). I like to take my time think through it, and also not scratch anything, however, the paint on the intake is cheap and there are a few small spots I will need to find touch up paint for. Eventually, I'll get a separate intake to port/polish and powder coat.

Anyway, on to some pictures. Routing the fuel lines should be fun, but the rails fit perfectly. Counting rails, injectors, fittings, hose, FPR, fuel filter, and fuel pump, this isn't a cheap upgrade.

As for the KW's, I am sending in both rears tomorrow. I really hope they send me two new rears as these weren't cheap and they're practically new. I'll keep the WWW updated, of course.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-27-12, 09:23 PM   #173
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO - Finally installing T1 ID1000 Top Feed Conversion!!!

I've sent a couple e-mails to KW since Friday and it appears I'm being ignored. I received a poor product for a set of $1,400 NON-adjustable coilovers and I have completely unimpressed with KW's customer service to this point. I'm hoping for a recovery by KW in the CS department, but I don't see that happening.

The coilovers I have put on my SHO recently are 1 of 20 sets made and they've already made it longer. They were about the same cost as the KW's with a fully adjustable shock (dampening and rebound), the strut housing it threaded to retain full shock travel, and came with new adjustable end links for the rear.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-12, 06:12 PM   #174
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO - Finally installing T1 ID1000 Top Feed Conversion!!!

KW news - I got an e-mail from KW stating that my struts were tested and they found no issues, however, they still rebuilt both struts. I sent a reply asking why they were rebuilt if they were fine with 9xx miles and why both struts did not function the same. Either way, they are rebuilt and heading back after testing. I am also still waiting on an answer about my front leaking struts which appear to have leaked from the welds.

On to some other stuff... I'm pretty much done with the T1 Top Feed conversion. Golan sent me the wrong barb, otherwise I would be ready to test for leaks. My next step is to pull the in-tank filter and hardwire the pump with a relay and 10AWG wire. Tomorrow, I will fill up some gas cans with some E85!

Here are a few pics!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-12, 12:17 PM   #175
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO - KW coilovers NOT recommended!!!

I received my KW struts back and was quickly unimpressed. I pick up the box and I hear rattling and then I find this on the end of the box. Looks like the strut end punched out...

Now, when I go to open it, this is the monkey packing they used. The ears for mounting to the knuckles were rubbing on the strut shafts themselves, the part that holds the seal of fluid as it is compressed into the housing. When they were shipped new from Germany, they were packaged very well: http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0154_large.jpg

I give up on these people. I can never recommend KW again and it was because of me that a very well known shop my buddy works for recommended KW for street setups. I don't believe they did not find an issue with the struts as they did not behaive the same from left to right, the poorly performing strut squeaked, and now they carelessly handled my expensives parts with an insult to shipping practices. NO company would have insured this poor packaging.

I highly recommend purchasing other brands of coilovers.

EDIT: I just pulled them out of the box and found this... Well done.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 07-07-12 at 12:43 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-12, 01:21 PM   #176
muller_777
pwn n00bs
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Car: '18 CBS STI
My Subaru Parts for sale

muller_777 will become famous soon enough

sell them and get some ASTs. i went from kw to ast..
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-12, 01:24 PM   #177
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

If I do that, I want them to give me a refund for this crap. I'm ready to blast them on the WWW and contact all the shops I personally know people at to have them recommend othe products. With that said, I can get a discount with AST too.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-12, 03:16 PM   #178
Bru1212
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: 06 STi / 17 Fozz
Fav Mod: bird shzt
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bru1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unacceptable, period. They showed you and now us that our 2k$+ is nothing to them. I would go with their competition, AST.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-12, 04:14 PM   #179
chappell943
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2001 WRX Sti Prodriv
Fav Mod: Exhaust system, Xforce 3" TBE
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

chappell943 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just saw this build thread and read through all the pages, sorry to hear about the KW coilovers. The way they are treating you as a customer is completely unacceptable , especially when so much business these days is generated from word of mouth.

On a more positive note I love your build thread, your attention to detail and mod path is fantastic! Will follow this thread with interest!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-12, 07:24 PM   #180
SubieEngineer
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Fav Mod: #576 IS SOLD!!!
My Subaru Parts for sale

SubieEngineer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru1212 View Post
Unacceptable, period. They showed you and now us that our 2k$+ is nothing to them. I would go with their competition, AST.
Ditto. Been reading your journal off and on, sad to hear KW's customer service is such crap.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement