GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale! - Page 12 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Old 08-03-11, 08:27 PM   #111
BAD STI
IWSTI Guru
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: 20G-XT
My Subaru Parts for sale

BAD STI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Swapping in the 20G/UP/EWG

Looks great man! You did a nice job welding the IWG.

I love the PLX DM100.

Aren't their sensor modules awesome looking?

Two things piss me off about my PLX gauges (and its only beacue they're so close to being the perfect gauges but missed 2 simple easily correctable areas).

1. WHO THE **** wouldn't put a wire disconnect on the back of the gauge.

2. As stated the sensor modules are amazing.... But did they not think of providing a way to mount them? They made them so you can stack them on each other.... but no way to mount them to anything.

End rant.

That said I would never choose another gauge over my PLX setup. They're not to expensive at $180 for the gauge and sensor (DM-5), provide an easy to read display, and are top notch quality.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-11, 06:46 AM   #112
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

The gauge is pretty nice. I agree fully with your points, however, I would have a few more changes. The key fob remote... Make that crap wireless! Too many USB connections. There is no reason one USB port can't take care of everything.

If I were to do it again... I'd do this:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-08-11, 07:46 PM   #113
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Got the turbo in, just to take it back out. It hits in two places; CCV hose on top of block and oil feed AN connetion. The latter was solved by bending the feed line out of the way. I had already purchased the stainless turbo feed line from Blouch, so that's solved.

The CCV issue actually turned out to be good. I forgot I had a Crawford AOS to install and this prompted me to work that install at the same time. Had I installed the turbo first, it may have been extremely difficult to install the hoses afterwards (Not a fan of the included hoses). The real problem is that the 3/4" hose coming off the top is stiff and does not want to move. I purchased some hose online, but will go to the parts store tomorrow to see if they have any suited for oil. I'll extend the CCV lines and hopefully be able to get a light bend out of it to fit the turbo.

Here is what I'm referring to. Warning, iPhone pic... Wife took the Point-and-Shoot and I didn't want to break out the DSLR.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-11, 08:40 PM   #114
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Turbo is in... I thought I was planning everything around bolt-on ease, but that hasn't been the case.

I went to put on the stock TMIC today and the upper coolant line from the turbo hits the TMIC. Also, the stock elbow from the TMIC-to-turbo is too short. I had planned on upgrading to a Process West, but have noticed the AMR is designed to fit around the coolant line my current IC is hitting (I fired off an e-mail to PW). WG also hits one of the PS lines. I'll figure that out after I prime and test everything working correctly.

As expected, I ripped ths stock inlet... Already had a replacement for that. Will install when I pull the intake for injectors.

Couple pics:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-14-11, 07:29 PM   #115
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Since the water line on the turbo hits the TMIC and the elbow is now too short, we stopped and got some radiator hose to connect the turbo to the TMIC and didn't fully mount the TMIC. This is just a temp job to check for issues and to be able to move the car. After priming the turbo (disconnected green connector in passenger footwell and cranked quite a few times for 5-8 sec), the car fired right up. After getting it up up to temp, smoke was pouring out, but it was all from the ceramic coatings. I forgot to pickup a donut gasket, so there is an exhaust leak on the DP to MP... I kinda like the sound though....

https://www.youtube.com/v/phpcy-ZOAPw

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-11, 03:50 PM   #116
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO - Now with MOAR 20G!

Some random pictures now that it's back together. I will have to modify the upper turbo coolant pipe as the TMIC won't fit now (it's crooked). As soon as RSD has the Process West in stock, I'll place an order!

Mmmm... Bugs...

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 08-19-11 at 08:41 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-19-11, 04:31 AM   #117
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Swapping in the 20G/UP?EWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
I am extremely happy I bought a zero rust car... Everything comes apart rather easily.
I'm so jealous... Do you avoid driving it in the winter, or do you have more tricks?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-19-11, 04:35 AM   #118
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I don't drive this or the SHO in the winter. I bought a $500 beater for that.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-19-11, 07:17 AM   #119
DeatschWerks
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Fuel Injection
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DeatschWerks is on a distinguished road

It's been a while since I've checked in with this thread.

Such a nice build you have. Clean and subtle.

-Chris
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-19-11, 04:30 PM   #120
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks Chris! I'm staying "sleeper"... As much as you can with a ricer wing and hood scoop .

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 08-26-11 at 07:45 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement