GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale! - Page 11 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Old 04-12-11, 10:46 AM   #101
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Took apart my new 20G? :)

It's Shield-Crete found at Sherwin Williams. It's held up pretty well. I put it on 3 years ago. I prepped the crap out of the floor though. On top of it being a new floor, I degreased it, then acid etched it, then repeated followed by two coats of epoxy. Some of the stuff that I thought might have been scratches, in addition to the stubborn crap that gets on the floor and doesn't come off easy, I found that the Magic Eraser works VERY WELL at getting that stuff off.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-11, 08:45 AM   #102
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Adding more parts to the pile.

I got all the parts I ordered from Subaru Genuine Parts and got the car put back together... For now I was actually surprised at how easy it was to replace the bracket for the front charcoal canister mount. I figured the hoses wouldn't want to come off, but they all just pulled off with ease. I'm actually glad I'm going through the car and finding/fixing all the things that the previous owners did (or paid to have done).

Here's the old bracket with the stripped thread:

New installed:

And a few more parts I just received:

I gotta place an order for an FPR and then I can start mounting all the fueling parts.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-26-11, 12:06 PM   #103
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I was doing some test fitting for my new gauge pod and found that my PLX DM-100 won't fit without taking out more material from the plastic part of the pod, or taking some material out of the trim ring. I borrowed a gauge from my SHO for this picture and I am liking the placement... I just ordered some ProSport boost and voltage gauges to fill the other two openings. I'll be glad to get rid of the stock boost gauge on the steering column.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-11, 10:33 PM   #104
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Just my luck, my ProSport gauges do not fit my gauge pod either. It fits AutoMeter gauges perfectly, but I don't want AutoMeter gauges. With that said, it looks like I'll be selling this one and buying an ATI .

I did get my 20G exhaust housing back from SwainTech! They do a very nice job and this stuff is TOUGH! When putting it back together, I did find my Grimmspeed IWG bracket did not fit... Not sure why yet, but I already sent them an e-mail. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 06-15-11 at 10:19 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-01-11, 12:21 PM   #105
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

My project is not forgotten, just be stretched between many other projects. After getting my SHO running again, I didn't even really desire to drive the STi for a few weeks until my friend invited me to come out to Hastings, NE to drive the track out there. He was trying to get me out in the STi, but I mentioned that it wasn't ready for an even like that. He then told me to come drive his M3, so I signed up with NASA and participated in HPDE 1 on Saturday.

After taking some time to get a feel for his car, and spinning it off track in my first session (it was raining and I rolled into the throttle a little too much on a tight turn), I started to pick up the pace. By my last session of the day (4th), my instructor said that he didn't think he was needed at my download and passed me up to HPDE 2. It had been years since I was on track and this was the first time I tracked something that wasn't FWD.... So I'm pretty happy with how I did.

With all that said, I've set the SHO aside again and have been working on the STi since as I want to start tracking it. I have sold the Cobb APv2 and bought a Tactrix 2.0 and started tuning. After putting some work in over the last few days of logging, I am now running 19 PSI on the stock turbo and over all the car just feels better. The Cobb Stage2 was great for a "set it and forget it" stand point, but I when I decided to do my own tuning, I made money off the switch.

I should be upgrading the fueling verys soon. I have the DW 300lph, T1 rails w/ ID1000's and an Aeromotive FPR in hand... Now I need to decide how I want to route lines and buy the fittings! After taking a ride in an STi with an VTA EWG, I have decided I will route mine back into the rear of the down pipe. It's too loud for me and I would like to not throw heat under the car on track (I melted fuel pump wiring in my friends SHO years ago as the open exaust made it up over the tank and melted the wiring/connector).

One thing I must add... Anyone considering street tires to use on the track, we ran both Dunlop Direzza Star Specs and Hankook Ventus RS-3's and before I took a look at the tires, I thought they were track tires by the grip they had. I will be going with the Hankook's now as they felt the same and they're about $100 cheaper per set.

When I get some time, I'll upload a lap or two from this weekend on youtube and post it here.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-15-11, 10:21 AM   #106
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

After much research, I bought some SEM 39163 (Medium Smoke) paint for my ATI gauge pod and tested it on a spare piece of plastic I had. The match isn't close at all and I think straight black would be a better match TBH.

Looks like I'm off to Menards to see what they have.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-15-11, 10:43 AM   #107
Datadatum
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 05 STi + 08 RS4
My Subaru Parts for sale

Datadatum is an unknown quantity at this point

At Autocross, the RS-3's don't last as long as the SS's. Something to consider...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-15-11, 06:02 PM   #108
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm not too terribly worried considering I don't autoX.

I got this done today. It's actually two colors (black and smoke) and I added a little texture on the pod. I was going to install tonight, but I don't want the car smelling of paint.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-03-11, 02:15 PM   #109
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

So... I've got the gauges installed, but upon removing the plug in the COBB DP for the WBO2 sensor, the hex head rounded right off. I used PB blaster and heating and it wouldn't budge. I now have to remove the thing, so the turbo will go on when the DP is done.

I am going to have someone else remove the plug and have them prep and ceramic coat it at the same time.

For now, here is a teaser with my iPhone...

I'm currently working on my own custome display for WB.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-03-11, 04:18 PM   #110
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO - Swapping in the 20G/UP?EWG

My last few post seem to draw little interest, however, I think what I'm working on now will be of more interest...

During the WBO2 install, I found that the plug in the O2 bung of the Cobb pipe didn't want to come out. I pulled the DP and decided it would be best to go ahead and do the turbo install. As of last night, I have the old VF39 out (no cracks!) and the DP out. I'm currently waiting on some parts, but should be able to put the car back together this weekend. I still haven't done the injectors, but once together, I will run the car around the block a few times under vacuum to ensure there are no leaks and such, then work on the injectors/rails/FPR/pump.

What I've learned... For simplicity sake, if I were to do this again, ROTATED all the way! I am extremely happy I bought a zero rust car... Everything comes apart rather easily.

Now for some pictures:

My Bouch 20G Grimmspeed bracket did not fit, so I made the easy fix.

Ceramic coated the DP while I had it out.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement