GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale. - Page 20 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car...  Might be pending sale.
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car...  Might be pending sale.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale.

Old 07-12-12, 06:13 PM   #191
non-ricer
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Car: 05 sti
Fav Mod: CSK EFI Logics tune & recaro baby seat
My Subaru Parts for sale

non-ricer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yamahaSHO - KW is sending a brand new set of coilovers.

Geez. Did he mention that to RCE? Did they do anything about it? I've been jumping around trying to figure out which one is best for me. I would love to wait for the AST 4150's but they won't be available until Sept, the earliest. It was due out in March!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-12, 06:33 PM   #192
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I didn't ask him about it. He told me about it and showed it to me, but didn't get into it.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-12-12, 08:08 PM   #193
SubieEngineer
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Fav Mod: #576 IS SOLD!!!
My Subaru Parts for sale

SubieEngineer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: yamahaSHO - KW coilovers NOT recommended!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
After sending in some pictures yesterday, the person I am talking with asked how I think they could make this right. I didn't think they'd do it, but they are sending me a brand new set of coilovers. I am happy about this, obviously, but I haven't received them yet and the set that started the issue was brand new. Hopefully this new set is good! I'm ready to drive this car!
Glad to hear!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-12, 07:56 PM   #194
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Got the new set of KW's in the mail yesterday. I put the rears in as the car was lifted up in the back and finished running my fuel pump hardwiring kit. I also put the TMIC back on and fired the car up. With a base pressure of 50 PSI and using ID's numers, it fired up instantly. I grabbed my laptop and drove it straight to the gas station and put a tank of E85 in. I'll run that out and fill up again and then start tuning.

I did have one issue. After filling up, the car would lean out in the parking lot after 30 seconds or so and die. Found that the fuel pump was randomly turning off and coming back on. Popped out the relay and jumped it on and it still had issues. I went and checked the breaker the kit came with and could feel it click when the pump turned off. Apparently it's faulty and doesn't like heat. I connected both ring terminals to one post and drove home. Going to pick up a fuse tomorrow.

Tonight - front coilovers and headers!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-26-12, 08:00 PM   #195
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Apparently the new KW's were packaged properly?

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-26-12, 08:44 PM   #196
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yep. Just like the packaging on my 2nd or 3rd page.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-26-12, 10:38 PM   #197
Bru1212
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: 06 STi / 17 Fozz
Fav Mod: bird shzt
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bru1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to see they came through like they should. I'm sure things will be on the up with these. Keep us posted on settings and impressions of those.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-30-12, 10:41 PM   #198
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

These are V1's. The only adjustment is height. These seem to give a better ride. Sharp bumps seem rounded off now. My buddy loves them and it makes the car seem more "hi-end". We'll see if they last.

I can confirm that both fronts leaked from just about all the welded tabs...

I seem to have bad luck with new parts. After about 120 miles on my DW301, it got really loud and started wavering in tone. Before this happend, the pump would quit working while driving and I would have to cycle the ignition to even pop-start it. I just happened to have another new one for my SHO that I haven't installed. I replaced it and the new pump is quiet as the first one originally was and the tone is constant. I've had the first one for about a year before installing and the new one for about month. There were some differences in the pump, so hopefully it lasts. I'm trying to warranty the other now.

Put on the ELH and love the sound... LOVE IT! It's quieter and sounds great with my Cobb TBE and EWG. The header took some muscle to fit, but hopefully heat cycles help with that. The uppipe gasket it came with did not even fit it's own flange, so I reused my Grimmspeed 2x thickness gasket. After some 4th gear pulls, it leaks when cold, so I picked up a stock gasket today and will install tomorrow morning. The Subaru sound is nice, but I like the ELH sound much better.

I did run my friends WRX wagon I tuned (VF39/STi TMIC/EWG/intake/exhaust/E85/21 PSI) on the freeway. His car runs pretty hard; videos can be found on my YouTube page. He pulled about 1.5 cars with me at my WG spring pressure of 16.5 PSI. I think this car will be fun once I'm around 23-24 PSI.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 07-30-12 at 10:46 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-31-12, 12:57 PM   #199
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post

Put on the ELH and love the sound... LOVE IT! It's quieter and sounds great with my Cobb TBE and EWG. The header took some muscle to fit, but hopefully heat cycles help with that. The uppipe gasket it came with did not even fit it's own flange, so I reused my Grimmspeed 2x thickness gasket. After some 4th gear pulls, it leaks when cold, so I picked up a stock gasket today and will install tomorrow morning. The Subaru sound is nice, but I like the ELH sound much better
Have to correct this, the reused gasket is holding fine. One of the nuts for the flange to head came off. I thought it might have a chance after having to muscle the header on. I reached into my big Subaru spare nuts/bolts bucket and pulled out an exhaust nut and tightened the header back up.

I'll have to get some more pictures and video, but here is an iPhone shot of the header installed.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-01-12, 06:27 AM   #200
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road

I've seem some claims of bad DeaschWorks quality on this site, mostly from StripesRX journal. In her case, an injector stuck open, and let loose enough fuel to hydrolock the cylinder, ruining the whole engine.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement