GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale. - Page 17 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car...  Might be pending sale.
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car...  Might be pending sale.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale.

Old 06-11-12, 07:21 AM   #161
jdblock
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Alcon brakes
My Subaru Parts for sale

jdblock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yamahaSHO - 900 miles later, a KW strut failed --- Failure likely at 100 miles

900 miles! That's horrible. They should definitely send you two NEW rear struts and pay for shipping the old ones back to them, for inspection.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-12, 02:55 PM   #162
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: yamahaSHO - 900 miles later, a KW strut failed --- Failure likely at 100 miles

Not too impressed with KW... They tell me that these struts will NOT return after compression, so I called bullshit and pulled out the left-rear coilover and to my anticipation, it returns after compression. My response was, "so what's wrong with this one?".

Dealing with idiot/lying customer service folks will lose me as a customer more than just producing a bad product. I'm also a loud mouth about bad service. I shouldn't be smarter on your own product than you, PERIOD! The guy treats me like I don't know what I'm doing, but my work isn't known for shitty results.

I don't have confidence in them making this completely right. Buy AST!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-11-12, 03:00 PM   #163
Boris
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Fav Mod: Tial44mm + HKS EL Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

Boris is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch. Sorry to hear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-12, 03:09 PM   #164
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Now they want me to send all 4 in (I had slight leaking in the front after initial install, but haven't noticed it since). They want me to pay to ship it back, and if they find something that is a MANUFACTURER defect, they will ship it to me COD.

Sadly, after lots of research, this seems like a problem for KW across many platforms.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-11-12, 03:13 PM   #165
Boris
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Fav Mod: Tial44mm + HKS EL Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

Boris is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand the logic in sending all 4 back...

but it should be on their dime.

I recently had a problem with an up-pipe and the manufacturer is not hesitating about eating the costs.

Old 06-11-12, 03:57 PM   #166
xtremeyolks
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 06 STi
Fav Mod: GST Tune
My Subaru Parts for sale

xtremeyolks is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely lost faith in KW after the threaded shaft broke completely off on my friend's v3, and KW said that it happens when you use camber plates with them.....uhhh.......ok....

Old 06-11-12, 05:25 PM   #167
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I understand the logic in sending all 4 back...

but it should be on their dime.

I recently had a problem with an up-pipe and the manufacturer is not hesitating about eating the costs.
Agreed. When ETS first came out with their TMIC's, I was one of the first to buy. When I found an issue with the fitment (and nobody else had), they paid to have it shipped back, they made the fix, re-anodized the intercooler, then paid to have it shipped back. In addition, they even changed their jig for all the later TMIC's they have produced.

Tomorrow I am just going to ask to talk up the chain. I feel like I know more about the product than the customer service rep I've been dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeyolks View Post
I completely lost faith in KW after the threaded shaft broke completely off on my friend's v3, and KW said that it happens when you use camber plates with them.....uhhh.......ok....
Doing research on KW isn't helping me feel better either...

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 06-11-12 at 05:29 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-12-12, 05:48 AM   #168
A-man
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 31 reviews

Fav Mod: Group N bushings
My Subaru Parts for sale

A-man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Not too impressed with KW... They tell me that these struts will NOT return after compression, so I called bullshit and pulled out the left-rear coilover and to my anticipation, it returns after compression. My response was, "so what's wrong with this one?".

Dealing with idiot/lying customer service folks will lose me as a customer more than just producing a bad product. I'm also a loud mouth about bad service. I shouldn't be smarter on your own product than you, PERIOD! The guy treats me like I don't know what I'm doing, but my work isn't known for shitty results.

I don't have confidence in them making this completely right. Buy AST!
Sorry to hear about your KW experience.

I have about 10K miles on my off-the-shelf AST 4100s and they really are great. I had a pair of used TiC-spec ASTs before these and they were really good too.

Stick to your guns and keep moving up the chain. A letter from a lawyer can be helpful as well if it comes to it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-12-12, 06:02 AM   #169
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road

And that used set of TiC-SST's are still doing great.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-12-12, 09:42 AM   #170
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

On a brighter note, stuff that actually makes me happy.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement