GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale. - Page 16 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car...  Might be pending sale.
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car...  Might be pending sale.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale.

Old 04-02-12, 07:53 PM   #151
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Equal Length Header Goodness!

Engine compartment looks good, very sedate, but lethal.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-12, 07:27 AM   #152
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Thanks! I'm going for a little bit of a "factory" look. When I'm driving down the street, my STi nearly looks stock.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-03-12, 08:47 PM   #153
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Just finished installing the DW301... It was a huge pain compared to other cars when it comes to swapping fuel pumps. The DW pump doesn't fit well. I had to wedge it in there and slightly bend the lower base where it sits. I'm not too entirely comfortable with it, so I may pull it out and seat it differently.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-12, 08:43 AM   #154
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
I painted my center console trim black and added a red hazard button. I need to get a picture in the daylight as the flash makes it look gray in the pictures, but it is flat black. I turned out very nice and I can already tell it stands up to scratching MUCH better than that stock cheap paint.

So that's a PLX DM-100 and not just the DM-6, right? The DM-6 is just green, I believe. I've REALLY been wanting to buy three DM-100 gauges, all of their sensors, and have the USB data chain output to my carputer for logging.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-14-12, 09:00 AM   #155
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yes, it's the DM-100 and I have recently added the OBD module to read from the ECU. I do believe the DM-6 is multi-colored, but the screen is smaller and adds LED's and touch screen operation. I am tempted to swap out the DM-5 in my SHO for a DM-6.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-07-12, 06:47 PM   #156
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Weather has been great and my Taurus SHO is back on the ground, so now to the STi.

Today, I installed the MSI Trailing Arms with TiC bushing and pulled two of my lateral links out. I need to go to Home Depot in the morning to get some pipe so I can pull out the old bushings and put the TiC bushings in. I was able to use my pulley puller to remove the stock bushing in the knuckle, but won't try that on the aluminum lateral links.

The bushings have been straight forward, but I've been lubing the eff out of them so they don't squeak. I wish I had taken apart my MSI ALK to do this as they are annoying to listen to. I will also be taking apart the end links to lub them as well as they make some noise.

Anyway, on to some pictures.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-12, 12:07 PM   #157
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO - MSI Trailing Arms and TiC bushings installed.

900ish miles of use and I found my KW squeak... After disassembly, I found that the strut does not return after compression. I'm REALLY hoping they send me two new rears after all the reading I've done on these coilovers for the Impreza. I was going for a simple street setup and these thing ride great, but something didn't feel right in the rear, accompanied by a squeak/squishy sound.

As you can see, they still look pretty much brand new:

I sent KW an e-mail, hopefully they're as good to work with as ETS as they have had the best customer service I have ever had.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-12, 06:40 PM   #158
scby rex
Advanced Mastery Level IV

Fav Mod: 5x114.3 swap
My Subaru Parts for sale

scby rex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yamahaSHO - 900 miles later, a KW strut failed --- Failure likely at 100 miles

They may just rebuild them for you.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-12, 09:27 PM   #159
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO - 900 miles later, a KW strut failed --- Failure likely at 100 miles

Only one is currently bad. My fear is that the other rear will go in the same fashion due to all the issues other Impresa KW owners have had. These things are pretty much new, as can be seen by the picture.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-11-12, 06:49 AM   #160
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure about the twin tube, but doesn't that just mean it's run out of the high pressure nitrogen? Maybe a seal replacement and re-charge will fix that up (rebuild).
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement