GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale. - Page 15 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car...  Might be pending sale.
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car...  Might be pending sale.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale.

Old 09-23-11, 06:18 AM   #141
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Received an ETS TMIC!

Aftermarket fitment could usually use a little more precision, so anal away!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-11, 07:17 AM   #142
muller_777
pwn n00bs
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Car: '18 CBS STI
My Subaru Parts for sale

muller_777 will become famous soon enough

ETS are well known for evo parts. sounds great that they are taking care of it. i know they are very active on evom and support their customers 110%.

when you get the new one, post more pics! it sounds like a great piece.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-16-11, 02:05 PM   #143
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Got the TMIC back... Still doesn't fit right. The shop foreman will be taking a look at my pics on Monday. The customer service is great, but I've been without an TMIC for over a month now.

They said I'm the only one to complain about fitment issues. I know I'm an anal person when it comes to this, but I've had other people take a look at it and they said they wouldn't use it as is either.

I'll keep the situation updated...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-11, 02:41 PM   #144
SeaOfGreen
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: "Polka Pickle"
My Subaru Parts for sale

SeaOfGreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Got the TMIC back... Still doesn't fit right. The shop foreman will be taking a look at my pics on Monday. The customer service is great, but I've been without an TMIC for over a month now.

They said I'm the only one to complain about fitment issues. I know I'm an anal person when it comes to this, but I've had other people take a look at it and they said they wouldn't use it as is either.

I'll keep the situation updated...
Man that sucks, I'm the same way about fitment. I would return it and go with the Process West TMIC. Not only is it built great it fit's great and has a splitter!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-16-11, 07:43 PM   #145
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

It's been awhile since I've done anything with the car since Winter is here and it's parked....

The ETS TMIC now fits perfectly. After I sent the TMIC back, ETS did find *minor* issue with their jig, however, it appears my biggest issue was my passenger side intercooler mount. It didn't look bent or appear to have any other issues, but I went ahead and ordered a new one and it fixed my problem. Even holding the new bracket up to the old, I can't see an issue.

Anyway, I am very happy with the ETS TMIC!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-16-11, 08:24 PM   #146
mdefalco25
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: Silver 05 WRX STi
Fav Mod: EVO X GSR seats
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

mdefalco25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear you got it all worked out now. So the fitment is good now, but what about the performance? Have you had your tune with it and supporting mods yet?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-16-11, 08:52 PM   #147
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I never got a chance to tune the car. I got busy with other stuff and helping a buddy mod and tune his car. I also had my SHO to drive, so progress on the STi wasn't any priority. I had to change up the upper coolant line on the turbo before I could get everything squared away. Since it got cold and snowy/salty, the car got put away.

I really don't have any doubt that this will preform well. If not for the just the ETS track record, but it looks of QUALITY and definitely has some meatiness (weight) to it.

Come Spring, I should have a good bit of information to share.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-24-11, 10:19 AM   #148
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I decided to sell my Moroso pan as I've read too many mixed reviews and didn't want to deal with it. I placed and order for a KillerB pickup as well as picked up their alternator and radiator shrouds.

I have also decided to go with Invidia's new equal length header and have it coated by Swaintech. I guess I'm not too grown on the "boxer rumber" and I know and ELH will perform better. I wich I had my Grimmspeed UP coated before I installed it now.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-11-12, 07:56 PM   #149
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Some more goodies:

For the price, you can't beat this BPV. Fully adjustable VTA/BPV and adjustable spring preload... and it looks really good!

I had this for about a day and then shipped it off to Swain Tech! Whenever they decide to get back to me (they are uber-slow and don't answer e-mail at all), I'll get it back and install. I'm really excited about going Equal Length!

Ready to bring the car out of hibernation. I hate winter!

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-02-12, 06:45 PM   #150
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: yamahaSHO - Equal Length Header Goodness!

After a 6-week stay in TX, I'm back home and starting to put more parts on. I'm loving this ETS TMIC.

Because of the larger turbo, I had to reroute my upper turbo coolant line so it would not hit the intercooler. It works out as I could angle it straight to the AOS.

Black anodizing and red "STi" paint.

EDIT: Some better pics.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 04-03-12 at 10:58 AM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement