Prague STi - the Transformation (Engine pulled - warped) - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Prague STi - the Transformation (Engine pulled - warped)
Prague STi - the Transformation (Engine pulled - warped)
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Prague STi - the Transformation (Engine pulled - warped)

Old 10-01-08, 07:46 AM   #21
ToeKutter
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: 09 OBP "The Hearse"
Fav Mod: Shiney stuff
My Subaru Parts for sale

ToeKutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prague STi - the Transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by praha-sti View Post
BJJ Brown, eh ... on the road to black :-) Who do you train under, if I may ask? Go to any competitions lately?

As for the pod -- thanks. Yeah, I see some images in Google, but not on the STi. Guess I'll have to keep looking. Carbon fiber is nice, but I think too much of that stuff looks kitchy ... just my opinion, of course.

Did you install the gauges yourself? How easy was it? Installing them on old Chevys isn't so bad, because you have a lot of room ... Japanese cars are always a pain to work with. I guess I will attempt to do this, though ... why not.

I'll look for your thread -- the A-Pillar pod is really cheap there (like 40 bucks) ... with the weak dollar, that's like lunch for a day here :P Gauges, on the other hand, aren't all that cheap, but the ones you pointed out where pretty cheap compared to others I saw ... interesting indeed!

I'll browse around and do some more reading ...

I train under Nate Marquardt (Nate Marquardt Official Site), and got my belt from Ricardo Murgel (Ricardo Murgel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) of World Union in Brasil. I'm actually getting ready for a tourney in march. Wish me luck....!

I did install the gauges myself, and I was actually going to take some pics one of these days, when I catch some time. It wasn't hard at all, you just have to know what to do. There's a DIY on how to install DEFI's on this site, but I didn't end up using it much, because the guy already had some of the stuff wired up and so on. But it gives you a pretty good idea on what to do. Once you figure out that most of the dashboard comes apart very easily, you're half way there. Let me know i you need some help with this, I'd be glad to share my experiences.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-08, 08:14 AM   #22
praha-sti
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Baby daughter ... :-)
My Subaru Parts for sale

praha-sti is on a distinguished road

Thanks Bro ... you guys are angels ...
And Jesus, I'm reading your journal -- HOLY do you like to MOD!

You know, I didn't notice one important MOD -- the air freshener .. WAT UP WID DAT?!?! Go for the Little Tree Pumpkin Spice (can't get it here in the CZ, had to have my moms send one over from the US) ... perfect for this time of the year :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris05STi View Post
^Yup, theres a how-to here:
GaugesHowTo

You can either get the gauges in PSI or Bar, your choice. 1 Bar is 14.5 PSI which is what the car runs on stock boost levels.

Your going to hate me.....I can list just about anything you will want for the STi, your bank account will REALLY hate me .

Old 10-01-08, 08:25 AM   #23
praha-sti
Gold Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Sweet. I know Nate from the UFC ... good fighter. I know the name Murgel from my trainer (Fernando Araujo). I just had a no-Gi match in a ring! (in Slovakia) ... won on points (how gay) ... I had the flue and stayed out until 5am drinking vodka before my match -- lol. Excuses, excuses (the guy I fought was 6-time Slovak Judo Champion). Once I have the vid, I'll post it ... kinda boring match, but what to do ... If you look at my other videos on Youtube, you can see some of my Gi matches ... (sounds funny, but most videos I have are of me in tourneys where I only had time to train 1-2 weeks beforehand, because of injuries -- so, my cardio sucked!).

Thanks for the pointers and the offer to help -- I most definately will take you up on it once I order the gauges. Not having a garage sucks ass ... I need to find one soon so I can get dirty (not quite in a Christina Aguilera kinda way, though :P)

You have lots of time until March to train -- I'm supposed to have some local yokel one here in 2 weeks (still kinda sick, but may go) ... mainly normal Jiu-jitsu guys under (almost) BJJ rules -- kinda boring actually. Then, in Hungary, a good BJJ tourney -- I guess Roger Gracie and his boys will be there, so I want some of that action -- I want to see my instructor take on Roger ;-) Keep on training, so you can choke a muggah fuggah out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeKutter View Post
I train under Nate Marquardt (Nate Marquardt Official Site), and got my belt from Ricardo Murgel (Ricardo Murgel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) of World Union in Brasil. I'm actually getting ready for a tourney in march. Wish me luck....!

I did install the gauges myself, and I was actually going to take some pics one of these days, when I catch some time. It wasn't hard at all, you just have to know what to do. There's a DIY on how to install DEFI's on this site, but I didn't end up using it much, because the guy already had some of the stuff wired up and so on. But it gives you a pretty good idea on what to do. Once you figure out that most of the dashboard comes apart very easily, you're half way there. Let me know i you need some help with this, I'd be glad to share my experiences.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-08, 08:59 AM   #24
ToeKutter

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
You can even specify that you want 2 upper 60mm gauge slots, and one 52mm gauge slot on the bottom just how I did mine.
Now THAT is freaking cool! Now if they can only make me a zerosports-style clock pod with 52mm holes...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-01-08, 09:02 AM   #25
ToeKutter

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by praha-sti View Post
Sweet. I know Nate from the UFC ... good fighter. I know the name Murgel from my trainer (Fernando Araujo). I just had a no-Gi match in a ring! (in Slovakia) ... won on points (how gay) ... I had the flue and stayed out until 5am drinking vodka before my match -- lol. Excuses, excuses (the guy I fought was 6-time Slovak Judo Champion). Once I have the vid, I'll post it ... kinda boring match, but what to do ... If you look at my other videos on Youtube, you can see some of my Gi matches ... (sounds funny, but most videos I have are of me in tourneys where I only had time to train 1-2 weeks beforehand, because of injuries -- so, my cardio sucked!).

Thanks for the pointers and the offer to help -- I most definately will take you up on it once I order the gauges. Not having a garage sucks ass ... I need to find one soon so I can get dirty (not quite in a Christina Aguilera kinda way, though :P)

You have lots of time until March to train -- I'm supposed to have some local yokel one here in 2 weeks (still kinda sick, but may go) ... mainly normal Jiu-jitsu guys under (almost) BJJ rules -- kinda boring actually. Then, in Hungary, a good BJJ tourney -- I guess Roger Gracie and his boys will be there, so I want some of that action -- I want to see my instructor take on Roger ;-) Keep on training, so you can choke a muggah fuggah out!
It's amazing how the sport has spread all over the world. So Jungle BJJ is your gym? I should swing by next time I'm in europe, which should be next summer. My buddy's dad lives in Prague and he goes up there all the time. So we can get a roll on, then go drink some good beer! How are the prices in Czech these days? Croatia has become very expensive in the last 5-10 years.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-01-08, 11:23 AM   #26
praha-sti
Gold Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeap, Jungle BJJ -- you're welcome to come train with us anytime. We have expats coming to train all the time with us for a few week or so and then leaving ... they go back to their gym, and miss it (we're a close team, big jokers, and have fun ... don't take it too serious). Beer is still doing ok -- dollar / czech exchange rate isn't so good for you -- beer is going for about 25-35kc per .5 liter. Croatia is, in my opinion, a bit more expensive still than the CZ ... the last time I was there (for daily items)- I have a friend in Zagreb -- small world, eh. (was just there last summer again for a few days ... Zagreb and Baska)

Housing in Prague is hella expensive ... it's the same'ol, same'ol -- you can get a big nice house outside of Prague, for the same price as a 2+1 roach box in Prague... sucks. Problem is, like all capitol cities, that's where the work is. Stuuuuuupid.

Rolling, and then beer is normal Jungle BJJ routine :-) I'm a crap drinker, though ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeKutter View Post
It's amazing how the sport has spread all over the world. So Jungle BJJ is your gym? I should swing by next time I'm in europe, which should be next summer. My buddy's dad lives in Prague and he goes up there all the time. So we can get a roll on, then go drink some good beer! How are the prices in Czech these days? Croatia has become very expensive in the last 5-10 years.

Old 10-08-08, 11:26 AM   #27
praha-sti
Gold Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

So, I ordered the standard (2 52mm, 1 60m) A-Pillar 3-pod (Grey) from Lotek ... so, we'll see how it looks. I haven't purchased gauges, yet, though. Do you know if I get a US gauge (PSI for boost), it should be ok instead of the EUR gauges that measure kPa? It shouldn't matter, no?

Quote:
Also check out www.gaugepods.com // Lotek Inc. They are basically Lotek and make 2-3 guage pods for the A-Pillar. They even paint match for our interior. You can even specify that you want 2 upper 60mm gauge slots, and one 52mm gauge slot on the bottom just how I did mine. I also had the a-pillar pod wrapped in CF!

Old 10-08-08, 07:52 PM   #28
Chris05STi
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 35 reviews

Fav Mod: Every single one!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Chris05STi will become famous soon enough

It honestly doesn't matter what boost gauge you want. It won't effect your car either way if its PSI or kPa. It just depends on what you would like it to read. Everyone here in the USA read boost in PSI, in Japan its kPa. Just your choice basically! Should be a nice looking pod!
2002 Midnight Black Pearl Subaru WRX
1986 Black Chevy Camaro

On Order:
My Journal
JDM Ballers Club Member #6
642WHP on e85, 484WHP& 408WTQ on pump (Conservative Tunes)
Tuned at EFI Logics
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-08-08, 10:06 PM   #29
munky69
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: BNR32 GTR
My Subaru Parts for sale

munky69 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had an ex from like 13 yrs ago that was from prague ..... she was hot and an illegal alien LOL.. nice ride and welcome

Old 10-09-08, 12:16 AM   #30
praha-sti
Gold Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah, that's what I thought ... but, my only experience with this stuff is helping my dad do his Tach in his race car ... a big ass one the size of a frisbee! :P Checking out DeFi gauges now ...

Quote:
It honestly doesn't matter what boost gauge you want. It won't effect your car either way if its PSI or kPa. It just depends on what you would like it to read. Everyone here in the USA read boost in PSI, in Japan its kPa. Just your choice basically! Should be a nice looking pod!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement