velev92
Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

velev92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a GD chassis STI

Ive been thinking about buying one in the near future and I want some advice so I don't make the wrong decision. I have reservations about buying something that has been abused and modified so I want a stock un-molested car (dont we all). Here is an example of what I am looking at: 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi 1st Time Buyers/ No Credit No problem! - cars & trucks - by dealer - vehicle automotive sale. I asked about the car and it has had 4 owners and the dealer bought it from an auction. They are asking 21000 for it. Any advice is appreciated.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-19, 06:49 PM   #2
adamfl
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: DO IT!, DO IT!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

adamfl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying a GD chassis STI

4owner car=big red flag... price needs to reflect..21k for maybe a 1 owner. other then that pic don't tell much accept its clean and if a CA car rust free! That year is pretty trouble free if unmodded.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-19, 06:27 AM   #3
BlueScooby
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Buying a GD chassis STI

They over priced that car for sure.

If the car otherwise checks out, it would be worth haggling over. Top of KBB value for that car is like 19K for a private sale. If you can get them down to 18 or 19K it might be worth it... Get a prepurchase inspection with a compression/leakdown first though.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement