Suspension/Stiffening Camber Bolt FAQ and Tutorial - Page 10 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Camber Bolt FAQ and Tutorial
Camber Bolt FAQ and Tutorial
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Suspension/Stiffening Camber Bolt FAQ and Tutorial

Old 06-19-13, 08:54 PM   #91
williaty
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: RBP 05 2.5RS Wagon
Fav Mod: Group N Lateral Link Bushings
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

williaty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Camber Bolt FAQ and Tutorial

Take it to another shop. That guy's a dangerous idiot, which is not at all unusual.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-13, 11:49 AM   #92
LinsanityFan
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 2015 STI
Fav Mod: "Driver Mod"
My Subaru Parts for sale

LinsanityFan will become famous soon enoughLinsanityFan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAmekanic View Post
So I did this setup...OEM Subaru camber bolt in top hole on strut and aftermarket camber bolt in lower hole when installing my Tein street basis coilovers. Took it to Firestone since I have lifetime alignment there and the guy that was gonna do it said the top bolts were not camber and that I had everything backwards. Keep in mind this guy drove a GR sti! I simply told him I ordered the OEM camber bolts from Subaru and installed everything myself but he didn't believe me just because the head of the OEM bolt was too big to be a camber bolt?! I told em to give me my car back....

Even if I was right I'm not sure they would have done the alignment cause of the bolt setup. Should I just take it to another shop?
I have the firestone lifetime alignment too. I've been there 4 times already in less than 6 months LOL.

Anyhoot, ask for a different tech. Or, if you're like me I have two firestones in town, just go to another one and get a different tech that doesn't know too much.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-20-13, 12:11 PM   #93
ImAmekanic
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Fav Mod: 317hp/[email protected]
My Subaru Parts for sale

ImAmekanic is an unknown quantity at this point

i took it to a different shop and put standard bolts on lower hole. hopefully they can get it aligned
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-15, 10:30 AM   #94
CosmosMpower
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: 16 M3, 17 M2, 07 GT3
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

CosmosMpower is on a distinguished road

Bringing this back from the dead. Are aftermarket camber bolts for 2015+ STI different than for previous year cars?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-09-15, 12:24 PM   #95
williaty

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

In the front, the adjustment is the same. The rear end is MUCH different from 08 on because they went to the multilink rear end.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-15-15, 08:33 AM   #96
CosmosMpower
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: 16 M3, 17 M2, 07 GT3
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

CosmosMpower is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by williaty View Post
In the front, the adjustment is the same. The rear end is MUCH different from 08 on because they went to the multilink rear end.
From what I understand rear camber is not adjustable via a bolt on the 2015 but front camber is? For the front are the bolts the same for all years or are they specific?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-15-15, 09:02 AM   #97
williaty

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Check the part numbers to see if it's literally the same bolt in the front. They may have changed the bolt size but, even if they did, the operating principle is the same.

For the rear, yeah, you have to replace some stuff they did with a different bushing to allow camber adjustment.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-19-17, 08:40 AM   #98
Aerorocks
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: Black 15 STI Limited
Fav Mod: Driver
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Aerorocks will become famous soon enough

Back from the dead again...

I am pretty confused. I have never seen a washer with the tab and handle on my cars before.

I have a 2013 wrx hatch (put REC regular guys lower springs on it myself, marked front camber bolts and just put them back in same way they came out, zero issues). 2015 sti with fa500 coilovers. 2000 2.5 rs still stock and not sure whats in there but need to do struts soon. And a 2003 wrx wagon. The 03 wagon is what I need some info on asap.

Just put 2008 fxt struts on it for a lift, front has oem camber bolts and but no washer with a tab and handle, just normal washer. Front camber seems ok from my adjustments, getting an alignment on Saturday but worried I need some adjustment for the rear. The lift has added some positive camber so i probably need camber bolts for the rear. What bolts should I get? OEM bolts? Are they the same on the front? what years/cars can I find them on to get used? What hole should the bolt on the rear go?

Thanks!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-19-17, 08:41 AM   #99
williaty

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerorocks View Post
Back from the dead again...

I am pretty confused. I have never seen a washer with the tab and handle on my cars before.

I have a 2013 wrx hatch (put REC regular guys lower springs on it myself, marked front camber bolts and just put them back in same way they came out, zero issues). 2015 sti with fa500 coilovers. 2000 2.5 rs still stock and not sure whats in there but need to do struts soon. And a 2003 wrx wagon. The 03 wagon is what I need some info on asap.

Just put 2008 fxt struts on it for a lift, front has oem camber bolts and but no washer with a tab and handle, just normal washer. Front camber seems ok from my adjustments, getting an alignment on Saturday but worried I need some adjustment for the rear. The lift has added some positive camber so i probably need camber bolts for the rear. What bolts should I get? OEM bolts? Are they the same on the front? what years/cars can I find them on to get used? What hole should the bolt on the rear go?

Thanks!
The OEM camber bolts are a better design that doesn't require the tabbed washer nonsense. However, it can only be used in the front upper location. You'll have to buy stupid aftermarket bolts with the damned washer to use in the rear.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-19-17, 08:48 AM   #100
Aerorocks
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: Black 15 STI Limited
Fav Mod: Driver
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Aerorocks will become famous soon enough

Also would it matter what side the bolt head and nut are on, like should the bolt head always be towards the front of the car or something or would it not matter? When I took the 03 wagon struts off it had the passenger side and driver side camber bolts going in from opposite sides; like one was with the bolt head to the front of the car and one side had the bolt head to the rear of the car (I think it was drivers side bolt head on front side of car). Is this maybe so that turning the bolt the same way on either side moves the camber in the same direction? Would it really matter what way they are tho?

Thanks!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement