Questions & Answers -- OFFICIAL THREAD - Page 138 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Questions & Answers -- OFFICIAL THREAD
Questions & Answers -- OFFICIAL THREAD
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > Questions & Answers -- OFFICIAL THREAD

Old 04-05-17, 12:22 PM   #1371
tylerlieberman
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Seat Time
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nice
Default Re: Questions & Answers -- OFFICIAL THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoMagic View Post
My understanding after research is that the stock catback on the STI is very good and an aftermarket only provides minimal gains with my setup (aem intake and dp). And that an aftermarket catback would be more beneficial later with further upgrades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoMagic View Post
So my question is will the stock catback exhaust be a restriction with my proposed setup?
You answered your own question lol. OEM catback is sufficient for just a DP & intake, easily.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-17, 12:36 PM   #1372
DinoMagic
Gold Member

Car: Blk '16 STI Lmtd.
Fav Mod: E85
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DinoMagic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlieberman View Post
You answered your own question lol. OEM catback is sufficient for just a DP & intake, easily.
lol you're right, I did! I'm glad to say I'm learning something everyday Questions & Answers -- OFFICIAL THREAD

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-22-17, 11:59 PM   #1373
RoughRider
Becoming A Contributor

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RoughRider is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Subaru Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeubergerMotors View Post
Welcome!!
Check my pricing before you buy!!

Thanks! I'm gonna browse over this.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-17, 12:03 AM   #1374
RoughRider
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RoughRider is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the best model of Subaru to buy if I'm gonna bring it to cross-country travel most of the time?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-22-18, 02:21 PM   #1375
Jaqueline52
Joined the Conversation

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jaqueline52 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently purchased an 06 STi and last night my roommate twisted the small knob right next to the outside temp. reader, the knob says 'rev.' below it and after he turned it the tachometer needle immediately jumped to 2000rpm and stayed there, I turned it off (i think) but the red light in the middle of the tachometer is lit up and wont turn off, what does this mean and what purpose does the little 'rev.' knob serve? Also, the cruise light started flashing and will not stop, this also confuses me. please help!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-23-18, 07:00 AM   #1376
mheyman
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqueline52 View Post
I recently purchased an 06 STi and last night my roommate twisted the small knob right next to the outside temp. reader, the knob says 'rev.' below it and after he turned it the tachometer needle immediately jumped to 2000rpm and stayed there, I turned it off (i think) but the red light in the middle of the tachometer is lit up and wont turn off, what does this mean and what purpose does the little 'rev.' knob serve? Also, the cruise light started flashing and will not stop, this also confuses me. please help!
STi Gauge Cluster Setting Shift Light - YouTube

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-25-19, 08:08 PM   #1377
Pnwsubae
Joined the Conversation

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Pnwsubae is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve never made a post on NASIOC before so if I’m in the wrong thread for this issue, please point me in the right direction. But if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
So let’s get to the info. I own a (US) 2010 STI 6 speed manual.

Car is almost bone stock except a muffler delete, cold air intake, and an EVAP delete.

Problem:
I’m not hitting target boost. No matter what gear, speed, or outside temperature, I can only hit 1psi starting at 3K rpm’s then it slowly creeps up to 4psi at 5K rpm’s and above.

Where I get confused is that after I disconnect the battery for 30 seconds and then reconnect it and go for a few pulls, all of a sudden the problem is fixed and I hit my target boost of 14.5-15 psi. But this only last for about 3 hours. Then like clock work I’m back to hitting a max of 4 psi. Disconnect and reconnect the battery again, problem is fixed for another 2-3 hours.

What I’ve done:
Originally I thought the boost issues was a leak in one of the vacuum lines or some of the inter cooler piping, but being that resetting my ecu fixes the issue for a few hours, makes me think that it is nothing related to the lines, since resetting the ecu wouldn’t affect some rubber lines. The only thing I can think of, being somewhat of a novice to turbo engines, is maybe the electronic boost controller. But I was not able to find anything on YouTube on how to test if your EBC is bad.

Any help is much appreciated and keep in mind I am somewhat new to turbo engines/Subaru’s in general, so I may not know all the abbreviations.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-06-19, 12:43 AM   #1378
Salem_B911
IWSTI Explorer

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Salem_B911 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2011 STI that I recently had intake and exhaust work done to. In short, cat delete and straight piped with resonator still intact. The performance gains are great for now, but I can’t stand how the exhaust went from a deeper (yet quiet) tone to a loud as hell trumpet-like sound when accelerating. Is it something I have to deal with, does it have to do with the Nameless muffler delete which is a smaller diameter tube compared to the attached pipe, or does it have to do with the shape of the exhaust tips on the muffler delete? I seriously need to get rid of the horrible blapping noise, it’s definitely not the Subi rumble. Please help.

List of parts/work that have been done:

COBB Accessport
Pro tune
IAG air oil separator
One step colder plugs
Cold air intake
Wideband o2 sensor with AEM gauge
Electronic Boost Control System
TGV deletes
Tomioka Racing unequal manifold 3 bolt
Tomioka midpipe 3 bolt fitted for 44mm WG
Tial 44mm WG