IW STi Forum banner

Tuner Coming to Germany

5K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  mobius388 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted to put a feeler out there to see if anyone is interested in having any work done on their Subies.

Stephen from IA Performance, (http://www.iaperformance.com) is coming back to Germany.

He will be staying with me for approximately 7 to 10 days (longer if needed) near Ramstein AB, Germany. No dates have been set yet but we are looking at a January or Febuary time frame. Times can be moved forward or pushed back depending on the amount of work we can put together.

There is nothing that can't be done. So if you want anything done, ie... road tunes, clutch intalls, turbo upgrades or any other type of maintenance, shoot me a PM and i'll give you further details.

Stephen was out here last year along with Modified Magazine doing a build and an article on Euroscooby's 2004 STI .

On a previous trip to Germany in February, he installed Euroscooby's UR GT30 kit w/ FMIC, walbro, injectors, etc... He also conducted an engine swap on a WRX wagon in which he shipped a new EJ257 to Germany and installed it in the wagon. He also did a stage 2 on another STi then conducted tunes on all 3 cars. This guy knows his sh_t. Tuning costs roughly $200. If you compare to our other options like GP Tuning in Luxemberg that charge $2200 for an Ecutek tune, Stephen is a pretty good deal. If you're interested e-mail me at:

freddie32001@yahoo.com

All I ask is that if you seriously need work done on your car or just need a simple tune, send me an e-mail with your info. (car make, model, year), what mods, what EMS, your name and contact info).This will only happen if we have a group of people interested due to the fact we will all be splitting the cost of air fare round trip for Stephen.

Post if you interested, what car you have and work needed to be done and I will add you to the list.

List of interested People.

1. Freddie32001 / 2006 STI - Road Tune/Clutch/Timing Belt

See less See more
#2 ·
It's about time he comes back over... I had scheduling conflicts last time to get retuned.... I will totally vouch for Stephen too, he is worth the money guys. Especially here in Europe when tuners are few and far between. maybe it is time for a few more engine upgrades before he comes back ;)

#4 ·
this sounds awesome. don't suppose you'll want wo venture down to naples while you're at it. I need a clutch installed and maybe a few other things but haven't found anyone around here I trust to do it. Maybe I'll be willing to drive up there if I can wait that long...

#6 ·
so whats the deal with germany. . . . .

i mean arent there subie dealerships over there? there isnt any aftermarket shop worth taking your car too, anywhere?

its just puzzling i guess that tuners need to be flown out there to ya to get a tune, or have them swap out a clutch. . . . .never really bothered coming on here but its about that time to re up so if i dont get Qatar or something worth my while then germany is the last resort

i have a stock 2011 with wheels and coilovers. . . BTW

#7 ·
There are suby dealerships over here and tuners too, the price you pay for them is just too extreme here... Same goes with all the aftermarket shops, there prices are just too high to have any kind of work done... as for tuners one of the biggest tuners in Europe is in Luxembourg... The reason we fly Stephen in is because it actually cheaper to bring Stephen here rather than go to anyone else, plus he is a darn good tuner...

#12 ·
house? so there is room to work on your cars?!?

i was asking if there were ppl working on subies for the company. im not a master tech yet so i could use some guidance and somebody to drink a few beers with. dont beat me up about it. im just kevin, its cool

#13 ·
house? so there is room to work on your cars?!?

i was asking if there were ppl working on subies for the company. im not a master tech yet so i could use some guidance and somebody to drink a few beers with. dont beat me up about it. im just kevin, its cool
I lucked out. Put it this way, e7 and e8's ask to get where I live :) This is primarily e4/e5's with no more than 1 kid.:D But yes there's a place like Sprocket.

#16 ·
hell yea, if they dont let me do the fast class as soon as i get back from NTC so i can do the bear program and get another bonus, damn 108 GT score :(

yea, germany is my last resort, gonna sell the wifes equinox and take the subie, let her buy a car over there

what about bad *** subies, like S202-S205s, or real spec Cs, or just RHD cars in general, been anywhere interesting yet???

#30 ·
Also would like to know which post you are at aswell. And also what time frame you are looking at for tune and what you would need done. If we start getting the info of what installs and number of tunes disired, we will be able to get this ball rolling a lot easier. ALso this really has to be a confimed comittment to make this happen.

Brad

#24 ·
Coming home soon, any updates for this trip to get some tunes done?

#25 ·
Bump!!!!

#26 ·
Bump!!!!

#28 ·
Where are you located at? I have talked with Freddie and we are trying to get Stephen out here in the end of jul or beginning of Aug. We really just trying to get guys comitted to this to help spread the cost to make lower per tune. There are roughly 3-4 at ramstein area, and then Myself and another STI in vilseck/Grafenwohr area, we are trying to reach out to some other guys we have seen here and see if interested,

Brad

#29 ·
I MIGHT be interested but it's a long shot. Full Race wanted me to do a back to back test of my HTA 3076r with their kit vs an EFR 7670. Different tuners then so I don't know if the conditions would still be as favorable for them. My car should be getting here in Aug let alone the tester turbo soooo...

#31 ·
So what are you looking to do? Will your car be showing up in the the beginning of the month?

Brad

#33 ·
I've installed just about verything on my car from:
-deleting my tgv's (no pnp) with kstechs kit
-injectors
-headers, uppipe, turbo, tbe
-all gauges
-stereo
-+more
so that's not an issue. I just haven't torn an engine apart :/ If I got a tester turbo I could install it, would just need a tune but Full Race hasn't been pushing their twin scroll EFR's out fast enough to give me the turbo so no clue when that would be.

My car should b getting shipped from TX at the beginning of July.

#34 ·
Ok. Mobius. Have you met or already know freddie? He has tikd me there 3 or 4 other guys in his area that are willing to get in on this. And. Armysoldier, So your car will be here the earlist of mid august.

#37 ·
It would mainly take place in the Ranstien area. He has driven to Hoenfels, Bamberg before to do installs, It really takes everyone whom wants to be tuned to give their demands. Ie. what they want install if they need, what he will be tuning with, how many tunes you are requesting. The more info we can give Stephen the better to get this setup and make it worth while for him and us here.

Brad

#38 ·
Well I've got Okada Coil Packs, Full RSR TBE exhaust, cobb short ram intake and iridium spark plugs. Apparently the car was tuned by the previous owner but I'm looking to get a Cobb AP to hopefully put on some custom maps such as one with a tune for stock exhaust and another for TBE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.