IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGV Deletes - Top Feed - 07 STI, ALL WRX

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Gondy 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have for sale a set of extremely high quality TGV deletes. These are the OEM units off of my 07 STI (with only 12k miles) and as such will work with top feed injectors only.These will work on 02-06 WRXes as well, though the two inner bolt holes on each side of your intake manifold will have to be bored out slightly (the difference in location is only a few millimeters, and a 3/8" drill bit enlarges the hole enough to work with either TGV).

The plates, dividers, and rods have all been removed, and the holes have been professionally welded up. They have also been extensively ported. The divider plates were ground flush with the wall, and every transition was smoothed out. For instance, near the top of the TGVs, the lips originally used to stop the travel of the plates have been removed, and the transition from the manifold side to the engine side was made more gradual by removing material down the length of the runner (decreasing the effective slope and reducing turbulence). Finally, the entire assemblies were oxide-blasted for a like-new finish. This slightly rough surface also improves flow, versus a perfectly smooth finish, as the boundary layer stays closer to the surface, allowing for free stream flow throughout a greater area of the runner.

I originally purchased a set of deletes from a vendor on NASIOC prior to deleting my own TGV's, and was unhappy with the extent of the porting (bare minimum removed), and the unwelded holes. Instead, I returned them and bought a set of stock TGV deletes so I could do it myself. I couldn't be happier with the results. Now that I've swapped those onto my engine, I did the same thing to my original TGV's, so someone else can have an equally nice set.

Here's a picture of the finished deletes (sorry for the glare, I'll try to post up a better picture soon):

I'm asking $315 shipped for these. Before you say "That's too much," check at the price for TGV deletes from some of the vendors here. With the core exchange fee, Grimmspeed's are $295 shipped, and not to knock their product, but they simply plug the outer two holes with threaded cap screws. These have all four holes on each TGV unit professionally welded up, creating the least turbulence possible, which means better flow and more power. I think that's worth an extra $20 - to have the same done to a set of Grimmspeed deletes would certainly cost more. Also, you can sell your own TGVs on here for over $100 and make back a large chunk of your money, once you do the swap. Feel free to PM me any questions. FWIW, I have 17 (all positive) trader feedback ratings on NASIOC.

Thanks for looking.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.