Other Tuning: How Much Have You Paid for a Custom Dyno Tune? - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
How Much Have You Paid for a Custom Dyno Tune?
How Much Have You Paid for a Custom Dyno Tune?
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Other Tuning: How Much Have You Paid for a Custom Dyno Tune?

Old Today, 11:10 AM   #11
Jedi03
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Blue 2009 STi Hatch
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How Much Have You Paid for a Custom Dyno Tune?

went to one shop and had dyno tune for 500 and 300 for retunes, had to go to new tuner due to old one closing shop, 350 new tune with 250 retune and if wanted dyno tune whatever dyno costs were iirc 100
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 11:33 AM   #12
Ebnash
Gold Member

Fav Mod: Drivetrain Bushings and Mounts
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Ebnash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Most tuners should have off the shelf tunes for all common injectors, E85, etc.. ( I know we do). So charging for a complete from scratch for every tune is a little odd.

Haha, we don't even pay for that since we have our own dyno..
Josh,
My original Tuner, GST Motorsports charged $500 for 1st tune when I had only a Downpipe. When I brought it back for all the additional modifications, it was $300 for updated tune.

The reason I'm looking around, is because I feel like he is not putting much into driveability.

When I looked at Mann Engineering site, they showed that Will from Delicious Tuning would be visiting and they were taking deposits. I have heard good things about him, so without even thinking about it, I paypal'd $200 deposit to secure a spot, but then came to find out that my tune would cost over $1600 with mandatory inspection fee. That seems ludicrous, even if we are in the Bay Area. After writing the original post here, I've done some internet searching and found that he (Delicious) charges big money for tunes. When I went on his site and saw $450, I didn't realize that this was for only for E-Tunes.

Mann Engineering has the Maha Dyno and Will just comes and uses it. Probably gets the lion's share of the $1600+ and just pays to rent the Dyno during his visit. Either way, I will not pay that much for a tune.

I am looking into Snail Performance and need to have a phone chat about tuning. It's on me that I went back to GST for another tune, because I wasn't thrilled with the 1st one and went back to my OTS map from Cobb, which was quite good, in my opinion. GST felt like Cobb's AF target's were too lean...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old Today, 12:26 PM   #13
[email protected]
Authorized Vendor

Car: 2011 STI Sedan
Fav Mod: Arcflash LLC Ohlins Coilovers
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

joshua@arcflashllc is on a distinguished road

I haven't worked with the guys at Delicious Tuning other than chatting with them about flex fuel for EVOXs with the AccessPort. They seem sharp and I'd expect they'll do a great job tuning your car.
SPL Suspension Components
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement