sleepercy
Active Participant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sleepercy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perrin gauges

I'm a subaru fan for a long time, but never tried to put any of perrin parts on my cars.
Now I thinking about their boost gauge like this one PERRIN Performance ASM-GAU-001 - 60mm Boost Pressure Gauge

actually I know they made a lot of tuning for subaru, but these gauges I saw only a few days ago.
any comments on this one? they're not cheap at all so I'm still thinking, maybe I should continue with Aem
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-19, 08:50 PM   #2
ocpokesmot
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: 07 STi SWP
Fav Mod: Stock w/ Built Block
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ocpokesmot is an unknown quantity at this point

I have already tried them out. Long story short the boost gauge didnt even read 0 at sea level. Not quality gauges for a product with the Perrin name on it. BTW I purchased and returned to RS and purchased defi gauges without the playback feature...very accurate and precise. Good luck
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-02-19, 11:14 AM   #3
SubySal
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: everything done so far
My Subaru Parts for sale

SubySal has a spectacular aura aboutSubySal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Perrin gauges

I have Perrin EGT and oil temp gauges and they have performed very well for me. I have not tried their boost gauge.

Without getting too wordy I have personally found through research that electric gauges that measure rapidly changing pressure are not consistently accurate. If you want the boost gauge to read accurately I suggest a good mechanical gauge. The Perrin gauges are not my first attempt at gauges. Before that I had SPA gauges that included oil pressure and boost, but got fed up with them.

I wrote down more of my experience in my build thread.
Project Silverstreak: New diff and coilovers!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-19, 11:31 AM   #4
ocpokesmot
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: 07 STi SWP
Fav Mod: Stock w/ Built Block
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ocpokesmot is an unknown quantity at this point

I also am not on my first try with gauges. Im not bashing any one of these companies as I have purchased other products and they are very good. I started with the maddad and used those for years. After that I ordered the Perrin because they looked cool and they have some really good features built in, although I did tell myself if i bench test the boost gauge and it doesn't sit zero Im not even going to install it. Sure enough that was the case. I didnt try the oil pressure and oil temp gauges so I can’t comment on those. I got the Defi red racers 60mm havent even questioned them the last 6 months. The boost gauge atleast read dead zero and is on point with the AP.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-12-19, 09:52 PM   #5
RocketRobin
Platinum Member

Car: British Racing Green
Fav Mod: Snow Tires
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RocketRobin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Perrin gauges

The boost ga. should read 0 at exactly 60 degrees Fahrenheit on a perfectly calm day at exactly sea level. SAE. Society of American Engineers standard.
If it's reading 0 in any other than those perfect conditions, the ga. is either defective, or not calibrated.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement