Cobb Accesstuner E-tune to remove air pump codes - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
E-tune to remove air pump codes
E-tune to remove air pump codes
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Cobb Accesstuner: E-tune to remove air pump codes

Old 04-25-19, 10:14 AM   #1
DougSTi
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DougSTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E-tune to remove air pump codes

I've got a stock 2012 STi running a Cobb Stage 1 tune with an AP. Threw a CEL the other week, pulled codes related to the secondary air pump system. I'm having the system removed next week and will have block off plates installed, but I'll still need to permanently remove the codes from the Cobb map.

Being new at this, what I've surmised is that I have a few options:

1. Buy Accesstuner, take the course, and remove the codes myself. This could be difficult as I don't have a PC, only a Mac and I've got no experience running Windows on a Mac.

2. Reach out to a local tuner to remove codes. Of the few NY/NJ area tuners I've reached out to they will not disable the codes without doing a full tune.

3. Reach out to an E-tuner for help removing the codes if I were to send them my Cobb map. I haven't reached out to any e-tuners yet, due to the feedback from regular tuners I'm unsure if this is something anyone is likely to do.

I apologize in advance if this is a noob question or has been covered before, but what I'm really trying to find out is if any tuners out there could remove the air pump codes without doing a full tune. I'd pay them for their time of course, but I'd like to know if I'd be asking for something that might not be doable.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-19, 10:36 AM   #2
crick0234
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM '12 WRX STI 5DR
Fav Mod: shortThrow Shifter
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

crick0234 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: E-tune to remove air pump codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSTi View Post
I've got a stock 2012 STi running a Cobb Stage 1 tune with an AP. Threw a CEL the other week, pulled codes related to the secondary air pump system. I'm having the system removed next week and will have block off plates installed, but I'll still need to permanently remove the codes from the Cobb map.

Being new at this, what I've surmised is that I have a few options:

1. Buy Accesstuner, take the course, and remove the codes myself. This could be difficult as I don't have a PC, only a Mac and I've got no experience running Windows on a Mac.

2. Reach out to a local tuner to remove codes. Of the few NY/NJ area tuners I've reached out to they will not disable the codes without doing a full tune.

3. Reach out to an E-tuner for help removing the codes if I were to send them my Cobb map. I haven't reached out to any e-tuners yet, due to the feedback from regular tuners I'm unsure if this is something anyone is likely to do.

I apologize in advance if this is a noob question or has been covered before, but what I'm really trying to find out is if any tuners out there could remove the air pump codes without doing a full tune. I'd pay them for their time of course, but I'd like to know if I'd be asking for something that might not be doable.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback!
option 1: not a fan. i tried a bunch to get windows on a mac to work but there's a lot of nuances to it. just gave up and bought a windows laptop to accomodate those needs. also not a fan of paying $150 to just turn off codes, considering that at the time, i managed to find accesstuner for free without the fees. rather put that $150 into a tuner who will help me for life.

option 2 & 3 seems more viable: when i got my local shop to remove my airpump, their local tuner was gonna remove the codes for free. thing was i had a custom tune from my personal tuner and he locked that map. Contacted my tuner and he removed it for free. so i think you can just keep calling around or contacting tuners... it's just codes they're turning off, they're not touching the map, but i dont know the full details or liability. if you have a local shop that is removing airpump and installing plates, it's possible they may refer u to a tuner that will do it (my local shop was gonna take care of it for me cept for that custom tune issue).
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-25-19, 01:39 PM   #3
[email protected]
Authorized Vendor

Car: 2011 STI Sedan
Fav Mod: Arcflash LLC Ohlins Coilovers
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

joshua@arcflashllc is on a distinguished road

We can turn that off for you no problem. Shoot me an email with your current map attached; [email protected]
SPL Suspension Components
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-19, 08:34 AM   #4
Jedi03
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: Blue 2009 STi Hatch
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jedi03 is on a distinguished road

using the handheld by itself doesn't have option to turn it off, need to have pro-tuner software which requires cobbs class, going to a tuner who can turn it off is beneficial, or the above post should work for now! i did dyno tune when mine went out...yielded great results!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-26-19, 12:39 PM   #5
DougSTi
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We can turn that off for you no problem. Shoot me an email with your current map attached; [email protected]
Thank you! I'll email you my current map tonight when I get home. This is a huge help!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-26-19, 12:41 PM   #6
DougSTi
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi03 View Post
using the handheld by itself doesn't have option to turn it off, need to have pro-tuner software which requires cobbs class, going to a tuner who can turn it off is beneficial, or the above post should work for now! i did dyno tune when mine went out...yielded great results!
Yea, a full proper tune is something I'll do down the road when cash is more readily available for fun car stuff.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement