Cobb Accessport URGENT - Race Car Data Logs - Kindly Review and Advise Please - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
URGENT - Race Car Data Logs - Kindly Review and Advise Please
URGENT - Race Car Data Logs - Kindly Review and Advise Please
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Accessport URGENT - Race Car Data Logs - Kindly Review and Advise Please

Old 09-15-18, 07:42 AM   #1
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default URGENT - Race Car Data Logs - Kindly Review and Advise Please

Hey everyone,

A slight bit of urgency with this...I have a big race coming up tomorrow, and want to make sure the engine is fine.
I've contacted my tuner, but in the mean time I thought I'd upload my 5 short logs (each less than 10 seconds long) to my google drive that is on public access.

Details:

-Car was recently tuned on Speed Density.
-Mods: Titanium Intake, Stock Turbo Inlet, ID 1000 Injectors, DW65 Fuel Pump, IAG Fuel Rails, Zerolift Composite TGV Deletes, Radium FPR, Grimmspeed EBCS, ARC TMIC, Greddy Catback Exhaust, Cobb Catted DP, KillerB ELH, Grimmspeed Uppipe w/Tial 38mm EWG, ARC BOV.

So I drove the car yesterday, did a 3rd gear pull, let off before going into 4th, noticed that DAM dropped and stayed at 0.
This has never happened before since I've owned the car.
Pulled over, started revving the engine, feedback knock reading high numbers up to -11.8.
Reset the ECU, car drove normal.

Advised my tuner last night, he asked for some data logs, which is what I did this morning.

Here's the link to the 5 data logs: 2 of them are 3rd gear WOT pulls to around 6k RPMs, the others are casual driving and light acceleration where I noticed Fine Knock Learning was showing some numbers.

Please have a look and let me know your thoughts, should I race tomorrow?

Thank-you so much guys for reviewing and I look forward to your input.

Below is the google drive link:

Alex's 2013 STi Data Logs

Sincerely,
Alex

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 09-15-18 at 07:47 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-18, 09:01 AM   #2
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: URGENT - Race Car Data Logs - Kindly Review and Advise Please

Do you have information on the logs themselves... Like, which gears are the pulls done in? The first WOT (11) pull I saw had a pretty soft boost curve, however timing wasn't unreasonable. The second WOT (12) had a good curve and flattened nicely. Timing on that wasn't quite as smooth.

The part throttle knock on 13 looks like it could be tip-in fueling and that it needs more.

14 looks like engine braking with a downshift (rev matched)? I'm guessing the sample rate is low? But, while everything else changed, your AF sensor did not register any fuel.

15 has an okay amount of fuel learning, but then swings back with correction in the opposite direction.

10, which looked like a high RPM idle(?), had a decent amount of fuel correction.

From what I'm seeing, a lot of it *might* be fueling related. I would do all the normal check for a cracked ring land. If that checks out, you may need that tune cleaned up. Do you still get knocking if you globally reduce timing with the AP? If you're able to do 3rd gear pull starting around 2,500 RPM, that may give me a better picture. If you have a WBO2, that would also help greatly.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 09-15-18 at 09:05 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-15-18, 10:53 AM   #3
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Do you have information on the logs themselves... Like, which gears are the pulls done in? The first WOT (11) pull I saw had a pretty soft boost curve, however timing wasn't unreasonable. The second WOT (12) had a good curve and flattened nicely. Timing on that wasn't quite as smooth.

The part throttle knock on 13 looks like it could be tip-in fueling and that it needs more.

14 looks like engine braking with a downshift (rev matched)? I'm guessing the sample rate is low? But, while everything else changed, your AF sensor did not register any fuel.

15 has an okay amount of fuel learning, but then swings back with correction in the opposite direction.

10, which looked like a high RPM idle(?), had a decent amount of fuel correction.

From what I'm seeing, a lot of it *might* be fueling related. I would do all the normal check for a cracked ring land. If that checks out, you may need that tune cleaned up. Do you still get knocking if you globally reduce timing with the AP? If you're able to do 3rd gear pull starting around 2,500 RPM, that may give me a better picture. If you have a WBO2, that would also help greatly.
All the logs started in 3rd gear Jason.

Hmmm, cracked ring land possibility ey?

I'm not sure how to answer your question regarding the knocking if you globally reduce timing...I didn't know I could adjust things, but also I don't feel comfortable doing so as I'm not technically-inclined to work on cars (I just drive them).

Don't have a Wideband.

Do you think I should be ok to race tomorrow as the car presently stands?

I just don't know why I'm seeing feedback knock or fine knock learning on casual/slight acceleration driving?

The big thing is you don't hear any knocking...I guess it's just the reading on the AP.

Another thing as well that I forgot to mention was I have MSI Solid Engine Mounts, and solid bushings, etc....but even with those before, the car never showed Feedback Knock...the odd -1.4 or 2.8 but now I'm literally seeing numbers overtime.

Do you think Jason as the car presently is, should I be good to race tomorrow?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-18, 11:01 AM   #4
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

With the AP, you can go into tuning adjustments and lower timing up to 5 degrees. This is there to be able to troubleshoot and/or account for bad gas.

As for being ready for tomorrow... Hard to say without checking the motors health. If you can do a log from about 2,500 to redline, that will give me a better idea on the WOT portion.

If there are tip in issues, you can try to capture that too.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-15-18, 11:11 AM   #5
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
With the AP, you can go into tuning adjustments and lower timing up to 5 degrees. This is there to be able to troubleshoot and/or account for bad gas.

As for being ready for tomorrow... Hard to say without checking the motors health. If you can do a log from about 2,500 to redline, that will give me a better idea on the WOT portion.

If there are tip in issues, you can try to capture that too.
Oh good to know.

I had my mechanic do a compression test a couple days ago, he said 130-134psi across all 4 cylinders...is that ok?

And also for tomorrow, I plan to run some Boostane Octane Booster...that should help right?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-15-18, 07:32 PM   #6
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

The motor sounds good... Octane might help, but from what I'm seeing, I think it might need some more tuning work done.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-18-18, 05:40 AM   #7
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
The motor sounds good... Octane might help, but from what I'm seeing, I think it might need some more tuning work done.
Ok sounds good.

Thanks Jason!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement