How to tell if my DCCD is working properly? - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
How to tell if my DCCD is working properly?
How to tell if my DCCD is working properly?
Go Back   STI Forums > > > How to tell if my DCCD is working properly?

Old 01-09-07, 12:48 PM   #1
BBBsti LTD
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2007 STi LTD
Fav Mod: Stg. 2 with Knocklite
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BBBsti LTD is on a distinguished road
Default How to tell if my DCCD is working properly?

I dont know how to tell if my DCCD is working properly, I dont have the option to auto X or to track the car at this time. What can I do to notice/realize/feel the DCCD working on a safe way. The only difference that I notice and that make me think it is working or at least changing from settings is that when in OPEN I dont feel the binding when entering my driveway, other than that no differences.

Can I drive the car in freeway with the DCCD OPEN?

2007 SWP STi Stage II, Rear Crossmember Bushings, Rear Differential Bushings, Transmission Bushing, Kart Boy Short Shifter, Kart Boy Shifter Bushings, Kart Boy Exhaust Hangers, Defi's Gauges Boost, Oil Pressure, EGT, Helix Dp, Greddy SP2, Perrin's EL headers, AP Protuned with 316HP/334TQ on 91.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-07, 12:50 PM   #2
lackskill
resigned
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

lackskill is on a distinguished road

Yes you can drive the car on the freeway with the dccd open, buy you dont need to since it is smart. IIRC it is open in auto until one of the inputs tells it to change the amount of lockup. To tell if its working put it in lock and try to make a sharp turn.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-09-07, 01:53 PM   #3
Mykl
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: '10 VW GTI
My Subaru Parts for sale

Mykl is on a distinguished road

Think of the auto setting as a one way limited slip differential... it has the same exact effect, but depends on electronic sensor inputs. It only functions in a significant fashion while accelerating, the center differential can effectively thought of as fully open under normal driving and braking.

For more information I would suggest brushing up on your knowledge of how differentials function. From there you'll begin to understand what to look for while driving your car.

....and yes, you can manually set the DCCD to open for every day driving. Although I do not suggest you manually set it to lock if will be driving on dry pavement.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement