GR Stumble Mod Fix: GD Style Setup (not hose extension) - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
GR Stumble Mod Fix: GD Style Setup (not hose extension)
GR Stumble Mod Fix: GD Style Setup (not hose extension)
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Stumble Mod Fix: GD Style Setup (not hose extension)

Old 10-22-14, 03:45 PM   #11
funks
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

funks will become famous soon enough
Default Re: GR Stumble Mod Fix: GD Style Setup (not hose extension)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatsnhos View Post
Yes you would have to put it either in the feed or in the return before the regulator. If its installed after the regulator its not doing anything
It's a bit weird though because the stock setup has a damper after the FPR..
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-14, 05:43 PM   #12
funks
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I wonder if the DAMPER on the return line after the OEM FPR is really that big a deal. Somebody should try just replacing the top feed line line (also removes the OEM feed line damper), capping the side / equalizer inlet port on the OEM FPR and reusing the rest of the return section. Probably even cheaper than my writeup and works the same way..

Should cost less than 40$ in parts ( 1.5 foot injection hose, 3 fuel injection clamps, Cap, 2 Dorman 800-120 Quick Connect Fittings ) easier to install and would look more OEM as you can snap the new feed hose into the plastic OEM bracket.

Hmmm, instead of capping the OEM FPR equalizer inlet port - you can probably hook it up to a fuel pressure gauge.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-22-14, 06:48 PM   #13
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Many cars just run a damper on the feed line only. My SHO ran a damper on the feed going into the rails, then FPR coming off the rails. When I upgraded to a parallel, return-less rail setup (return style at the regulator, just not the rails), I completely removed the damper. It ran great.

On my STi, I left the stock dampers and hard lines from the firewall to the tank.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-14, 08:54 PM   #14
funks
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Working good so far..

Last edited by funks; 11-19-14 at 05:23 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-28-14, 11:30 PM   #15
Mad_Max_2010
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: DGM 2010 STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Mad_Max_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to have at it but before I go for another tune I need a couple more parts. I go to Rocketrally in squamish. An a-1 top notch tuner but more rally build based and a little pricey. They stay pretty busy and not sure they can accommodate drop ins.

Really glad someone has taken a solid run at this at last. The three footer made me nervous when there was talk of the stumble just moving up the rpm range where it could become more dangerous.

Still interested in someone posting some logs and giving some feed back after some seat time.

Good stuff funks
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-02-14, 02:29 PM   #16
funks
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Started updating the first post, got some ideas from joejoe69 and revised the parts list to make it look more OEM.

Used the plastic quick connect fittings, oetiker crimp-on-clamps, sleeving, and heat shrink tubing. Also hooked up a setup with the fuel pressure damper on the feed line to my car and will check it out. Will also be updating the pics on the original post this upcoming Wednesday.

Last edited by funks; 11-04-14 at 10:01 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-11-14, 07:52 PM   #17
funks
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

updates.. bump..

Last edited by funks; 04-09-15 at 08:42 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-18-14, 02:52 PM   #18
funks
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Note: The hose lengths listed in the instructions in the original post were tested on a 2008-2014 STI, the 2015+ STI might may / or may not need slight alteration to the hose lengths. The 2015 looks like it has a slightly different bend on the line going from the fuel feed damper -> feed hard line on the manifold. And maybe the return line between the manifold return line -> return line damper.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-19-14, 04:07 PM   #19
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by funks View Post
Been running this for a while, so far - haven't noticed the stumble along with my tune. I had some extra clamps, hoses lying around so I built two sets, one with the damper and one without..

Selling them for how much the parts cost. Not planning on making any more, i'm happy with my setup.

https://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-engin...ix-2-sets.html
Should be sending someone your way for one of these... If he does not procrastinate... Today.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-22-14, 09:16 AM   #20
funks
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Should be sending someone your way for one of these... If he does not procrastinate... Today.
Only got 1 non-dampered version left, and 1 set of the dampered version. Looking for more data and feedback, not really worth it to build these things myself though and I'm finally out of sheating and oetiker clamps (yey).

I hope iaPerformance updates their kit to be more like what I documented here instead as the bolt and nylon spacer just secures the regulator better to the OEM bracket. Cobb can go to hell for charging much more money - lol. For that price, I'd go with Perrin's new PnP adjustable regulator and save a a bit more and couple it with Boomba's Fuel Rail and go parallel.

Last edited by funks; 11-29-14 at 05:26 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement