2014 STi Tsuguri Blown engine 10,000km - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2014 STi Tsuguri Blown engine 10,000km
2014 STi Tsuguri Blown engine 10,000km
Go Back   STI Forums > > > 2014 STi Tsuguri Blown engine 10,000km

Old 07-10-14, 06:25 AM   #21
Robotica
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRX STi 2014 Tsuguri
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Robotica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2014 STi Tsuguri Blown engine 10,000km

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboytaktix View Post
if you supply the parts, they will just charge you the time. They have a specific rate per hour, I think nowadays it ranges anywhere from $70-100 per hour, hopefully for you the install won't cost you more than $100-150. They just take the hours that the mechanic put down and multiply it by that rate. I would be surprised if the mechanic took more than an hour to remove the stock exhaust that is less than 1 year old and bolt the new one on.

Sounds about right, thanks ! On an unrelated topic, what octane are you guys using ? I have access to 94 here in Quebec and that's the only type of fuel i used...besides 1 tank of 91. Is it normal that it felt like the car was totally "detuned" ? Boost felt like it was at 85%...as soon as i filled back up with 94 it was back to normal and was very relieving ! I never thought there could be such a huge difference...

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-14, 06:34 AM   #22
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2014 STi Tsuguri Blown engine 10,000km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica View Post
Sounds about right, thanks ! On an unrelated topic, what octane are you guys using ? I have access to 94 here in Quebec and that's the only type of fuel i used...besides 1 tank of 91. Is it normal that it felt like the car was totally "detuned" ? Boost felt like it was at 85%...as soon as i filled back up with 94 it was back to normal and was very relieving ! I never thought there could be such a huge difference...

Not sure to tell you the truth. I use 91 only. The only place we can get 94 is Petro Canada, which is where you get it from, and I have heard that it is just MEH and also contains up to 10% ethanol. Since I was not really convinced it was worth the extra money I never used it. Maybe I will try it and see how it works for me.

it is possible you got bad gas. Another friend told me to not fill up at Ultramar because their gas can be sketchy sometimes (take that with a grain of salt) but since I like petro points or aeroplan points, I only fill up at Petro-Canada or Esso. However Shell has been proven to have the best gas, their 91 has been proven better than most 94. So when I see Shell has good prices I fill up there.

Another thought: I ride in sport sharp almost all the time, maybe you were just in sport mode?

Out of all us local guys, I am still the only one with stock engine (no tune) the other members (sti_mtl, SimonQc and Teo) are all running protunes and have a few aftermarket parts, I believe they all run 91 maps though.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-10-14, 01:40 PM   #23
Robotica
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Not sure to tell you the truth. I use 91 only. The only place we can get 94 is Petro Canada, which is where you get it from, and I have heard that it is just MEH and also contains up to 10% ethanol. Since I was not really convinced it was worth the extra money I never used it. Maybe I will try it and see how it works for me.

it is possible you got bad gas. Another friend told me to not fill up at Ultramar because their gas can be sketchy sometimes (take that with a grain of salt) but since I like petro points or aeroplan points, I only fill up at Petro-Canada or Esso. However Shell has been proven to have the best gas, their 91 has been proven better than most 94. So when I see Shell has good prices I fill up there.

Another thought: I ride in sport sharp almost all the time, maybe you were just in sport mode?

Out of all us local guys, I am still the only one with stock engine (no tune) the other members (sti_mtl, SimonQc and Teo) are all running protunes and have a few aftermarket parts, I believe they all run 91 maps though.

I indeed only fill up at Petro Can for their 94 and points. For the record i will also remain unmodified besides for a catback and i always drive in sport sharp mode as well. So far the 94 really stands out but i will for sure try Shell's V Power. But for now still no news concerning my car, i have no idea where the parts are and after 3 weeks at the dealership, i'm fairly certain they haven't done anything to it yet....sucks big time.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-14, 05:10 AM   #24
bboytaktix

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
I indeed only fill up at Petro Can for their 94 and points. For the record i will also remain unmodified besides for a catback and i always drive in sport sharp mode as well. So far the 94 really stands out but i will for sure try Shell's V Power. But for now still no news concerning my car, i have no idea where the parts are and after 3 weeks at the dealership, i'm fairly certain they haven't done anything to it yet....sucks big time.

Have you gotten a call from them yet? or have you tried calling them? those guys are usually decent at getting back to you with that stuff.

I have however been waiting on a call for a few small things I ordered for my car (touch-up paint and a $9 plastic part). they said it would be in two days later, that was over a week ago so most likely it came and I never got a call for it. Different department however.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-11-14, 05:56 AM   #25
Robotica
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Have you gotten a call from them yet? or have you tried calling them? those guys are usually decent at getting back to you with that stuff.

I have however been waiting on a call for a few small things I ordered for my car (touch-up paint and a $9 plastic part). they said it would be in two days later, that was over a week ago so most likely it came and I never got a call for it. Different department however.

Yeah at first we would talk often but since they got the ok from Subaru to replace the motor and i assume ordered the parts, we haven't spoken. I also asked him if he could swap the rental (sooo boring Forester) for something more sedan-ish...legacy or impreza or wrx and he said he'd call as soon as one comes in, but i'm pretty sure it isn't a priority for them to switch a client's rental. All in all i find they are ok, i'm not complaining...that guy Richard seems like he's pretty much #1 back there, very busy man. If i dont hear from them by wednesday I'll call back. Dude, where's my car ??

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-11-14, 06:27 AM   #26
bboytaktix

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Yeah at first we would talk often but since they got the ok from Subaru to replace the motor and i assume ordered the parts, we haven't spoken. I also asked him if he could swap the rental (sooo boring Forester) for something more sedan-ish...legacy or impreza or wrx and he said he'd call as soon as one comes in, but i'm pretty sure it isn't a priority for them to switch a client's rental. All in all i find they are ok, i'm not complaining...that guy Richard seems like he's pretty much #1 back there, very busy man. If i dont hear from them by wednesday I'll call back. Dude, where's my car ??

yeah, whenever I go for service (I've only been twice - once to tell them my wheel bearing is bad so they checked it and said I was right, then a second time to actually change the wheel bearing under warranty) and both times, the guys were pretty busy running around, not a ton of time to chat :P I would definitely say give them a call evry few days if you don't hear form them to see how the progress is coming - a month without the car you payed $40k+ for is no fun!!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-22-14, 05:50 AM   #27
Robotica
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

My car is still in the shop, it's been at least a month now... I spoke with the dealership yesterday ; they have no ETA or tracking possibilities on the new long block (I guess it's coming by boat). I was prepared to be patient (not my best quality) but the stupid rental car is getting to me ! A beautiful white 2014 Forester CVT...can't stand it anymore. I've been a good costumer so far, the guy at Subaru Des Sources said it himself but I think it's time to put pressure on Subaru Canada. If anyone had a similar experience, any advice would be appreciated...I'm planning on calling them today to force them to give me an ETA or at least track the parts. If they can't, I'll try to get them to swap the rental for something more similar in size to mine ! DUDE WHERE'S MY CAR ??!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-22-14, 11:20 AM   #28
Robotica
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

It might be due to good karma but the dealership called today with good news ; they received the engine and work has begun ! I didn't even find time to call subaru canada. Still waiting on their confirmation concerning the replacement (or not) of the turbo. He even said it might be ready by the end the week which would be quite interesting !!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-22-14, 02:34 PM   #29
bboytaktix

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
It might be due to good karma but the dealership called today with good news ; they received the engine and work has begun ! I didn't even find time to call subaru canada. Still waiting on their confirmation concerning the replacement (or not) of the turbo. He even said it might be ready by the end the week which would be quite interesting !!
man that is great news!! glad they got the engine and are taking care of you. You'll have your car back in no time any plans to tune the engine once you get it? hoping engine number two will be the good one
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-23-14, 08:55 AM   #30
Robotica
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
man that is great news!! glad they got the engine and are taking care of you. You'll have your car back in no time any plans to tune the engine once you get it? hoping engine number two will be the good one
I don't think I'll be screwing around with the engine too much after what just happened, but I am waiting on a new Cat Back which should arrive shortly, can't wait to hear it's sound ! Now I gotta focus on breaking in the new engine properly.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement