IW STi Forum banner

Blue smoke

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Play 
#1 ·
My car is expelling blue smoke quite a bit. I have a rotated set up with a PT 5858 and built stage 4 closed decked engine. It could be the turbo or something else. Hope you guys could recommend a checklist on how to diagnose this problem so I could fix which part needs to be fixed or replaced. TIA.

#2 ·
Is your car emitting blue smoke on start up after it has sat for awhile? Does it happen on first start of the day? Throughout the day? Every start up? We need more information in order to help you with this.

Blue smoke from the exhaust is usually an indication of oil being burnt up. I would recommend you check your oil level and adjust it as needed.

#3 ·
Start up and pretty much consistent all the way. Its worst when you do a sudden stop and at idle. Low to mid rpm but on high rpm its as if its normal. Its burnt oil for sure but am not sure if it comes from the turbo, valve seats not seated properly or piston rings. I check the oil levels every time I use it and fill up as needed from time to time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.