Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: White 06 STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DoZuN12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Psrts List Make 400AWHP 06 STI

I have an 2006 STI and I want to make 400AWHP. I live in Sonoma County and go to a local Subaru shop that has an AWD dyno. On there Dyno my car currently makes 320hp to the wheels on there dyno. I have full race 3.5inch APS exhaust (zero cats), titanium Tomei race headers, Race BOV, Race up/down pipes,waste gate dump, 850cc injectors, new plasma coils, plugs, boots, Ron Davis Racing Radiator there has to be some stuff I'm missing but this is most of it. Also my motor is brand new with 2500 miles on it. Subaru gave me a brand new motor and heads under warranty. My goal is to make at least 400WHP. My local shop I go to just gave me a quote for $21,000(PARTS NO LABOR!!!). To me this sounds crazy, the quote includes a full forged Cosworth short block($6k), AMS FMIC, AMS rotated mount GT35Rturbo kit, Aqua mist Methanol Kit, Cosworth H11 head studs,Cosworth TGV delete kit,Supertech 1 mm bigger exhaust valve,Supertech 1 mm bigger intake valve,Machine Shop Charge for two Subaru WRX/STI Heads:This is the labor to Pressure test each head (per
cylinder), Resurface each head (per cylinder), Valve and
Seat Service (per valve-there are 16), Set up valve
height, set up lifters and Hot Tank Parts$750,This is a Aeromotive fuel rail system for a Subaru WRX/STI with top feed fuel injectors,Moroso oil pan,Link G4 Plug in Stand Alone ECU,1000cc fuel injectors, adn then a bunch of new gaskets and stuff like that. This seems over board to me to make 400WHP . Ive seen it made on way less any thought suggestions?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-11, 08:19 AM   #2
d3v0
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 06 WRB STi 20g'd
Fav Mod: Rallispec Block
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

d3v0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Psrts List Make 400AWHP 06 STI

Please read this first.

Public Service Announcement. "I want 400whp!" Are you sure? - NASIOC
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-01-11, 08:39 AM   #3
user1029
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: HTA86.
My Subaru Parts for sale

user1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud of

Your setup is good for >550whp, if you want to make just 400whp, look at my journal for all the parts you need.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-11, 02:01 PM   #4
mckenzie83
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: 11 STi LTD (WRB)
Fav Mod: ETS GTX3076 \m/
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

mckenzie83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I'm about to shoot for 425whp'ish...on an EJ257.

**First and foremost...BE SURE THIS IS THE KIND OF POWER YOU WANT!!!

You have a brand new block...no need buying cosworth crap...a good engine builder will build you something much more impressive...what cosworth gets for their engines is ridiculous!

*Keep your block
*FMIC is pretty recommendable (not 100% necessary)
*Forged Pistons (can be had for 600 bucks depending on company/options, mine will be 99.75 CP's with coating top and skirts for 800'ish bucks as I wanna resurface the chambers)
*I would do rods...H beams are very much worth it.
*No head work is really necessary
*I'm going with a rotated AMS 750 set-up which is good for well over my goal
*Gaskets/Bearings and such are necessary for the rebuild obviously
*Valvetrain is already good to go...you could always upgrade but not necessary
*Fuel pump, 1000cc injectors, fuel rails, regulator for me also...along with plugs and management HKS V-Con Pro

For parts you have easily been quoted twice as much and then some...
*Stock crank is good (mine will get polished and cleaned up)

Honestly I'm planning on spending about 12 grand which includes headers and labor on the motor and machine shop and a tune etc etc etc... little crap like a killerb oil pickup and windage tray... I'm still appauled that they quoted you a parts list like that...I would seriously consider a different shop my man!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-04-11, 04:09 PM   #5
SeaOfGreen
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: "Polka Pickle"
My Subaru Parts for sale

SeaOfGreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoZuN12 View Post
I have an 2006 STI and I want to make 400AWHP. I live in Sonoma County and go to a local Subaru shop that has an AWD dyno. On there Dyno my car currently makes 320hp to the wheels on there dyno. I have full race 3.5inch APS exhaust (zero cats), titanium Tomei race headers, Race BOV, Race up/down pipes,waste gate dump, 850cc injectors, new plasma coils, plugs, boots, Ron Davis Racing Radiator there has to be some stuff I'm missing but this is most of it. Also my motor is brand new with 2500 miles on it. Subaru gave me a brand new motor and heads under warranty. My goal is to make at least 400WHP. My local shop I go to just gave me a quote for $21,000(PARTS NO LABOR!!!). To me this sounds crazy, the quote includes a full forged Cosworth short block($6k), AMS FMIC, AMS rotated mount GT35Rturbo kit, Aqua mist Methanol Kit, Cosworth H11 head studs,Cosworth TGV delete kit,Supertech 1 mm bigger exhaust valve,Supertech 1 mm bigger intake valve,Machine Shop Charge for two Subaru WRX/STI Heads:This is the labor to Pressure test each head (per
cylinder), Resurface each head (per cylinder), Valve and
Seat Service (per valve-there are 16), Set up valve
height, set up lifters and Hot Tank Parts$750,This is a Aeromotive fuel rail system for a Subaru WRX/STI with top feed fuel injectors,Moroso oil pan,Link G4 Plug in Stand Alone ECU,1000cc fuel injectors, adn then a bunch of new gaskets and stuff like that. This seems over board to me to make 400WHP . Ive seen it made on way less any thought suggestions?
I'm guessing your talking about FLI, they do great work. FLI is on the expensive side! You pay for what yah get, they did all my work and turned out great. I would not buy any parts that you have to pay tax on, buy your parts out of state! On FLI dyno it's not to easy with pump gas to make 400whp, now
E85 is different story! I can tell yah from living in Sonoma county for 25 years I'f you go rotated good luck on not getting a ticket really fast! My car made 379whp on E85 with stock location turbo....... I was going for the FMIC and rotated untill they told me about what is needed if get a REF ticket! I have 3.5 APS exhaust and that's just one more reason to get pulled over! Have any questions PM me, have more info at Fine Line Imports under "blog" section under Factory Fresh 07 STi.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-04-11, 04:16 PM   #6
Dchee
Super Sakura Dominator
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: '06 AW STi
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dchee is an unknown quantity at this point

Which local shop in Sonoma?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links