Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 05:15 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis

Nothing but crickets in here...

I'll try and at least give you an update on whats going on (or will be at least).

Next month I'm having a new catback fabbed up using some oval tubing for clearance to the underbody. Once its fabbed I'm going to have the whole thing ceramic coated to keep the heat where it belongs.

I have yet to wire up the JDM mirrors. Just keep forgetting to do anything about it. Some day I suppose...

I also want to duct the front bumper to the radiator. My bumper is cut for a FMIC so I'd like to be able to force the air where I want it to go.

Lastly, and more importantly, I need to upgrade fueling and charge cooling. The injectors are getting less accurate on the top end and are giving me FBK occasionally. So I'm going to make the jump to topfeeds and larger injectors. It will let me turn up the boost a bit as well. I'm also going to replace my stock TMIC with a Process West unit, as temps rise under full throttle currently, and its only going to get worse down the road... The goal is to have the injectors/TMIC on hand and installed by the spring, so I can get my updated tuning done during the heat of the summer.

I'm not going with flexfuel yet, but I am going for injectors large enough that I can add FF later if I want. Just cant justify the extra cost on top of all the other cost at the moment.

So no more track time until that gets sorted out at the very least.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 2 Dislikes 0