Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Consensus on Cobb Access Port and Subaru Warranty
View Single Post
Old 09-06-19, 06:17 PM  
cby1
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

cby1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Consensus on Cobb Access Port and Subaru Warranty

> If you need the warranty to afford the car, then don't mod.

Yeah, that's always the pat answer, isn't it?

But if Subaru actually intended this car to be more than a Honda Accord, you'd think they might just release it with a proper tune so there was no dilemma. A "Sports Car" that stumbles around 4K RPMs - pretty much every time you accelerate with any authority at all - is not a Sports Car.

Why did I buy it? My '04 STi *was* a sports car - finally sold it due to rust-through in the left rear quarter panel. Had I known 1) How bad the tune was (test drive is hardly enough to really tell), and 2) how much harder Subaru has gotten about warranty issues since the bearing failures - I would have sucked it up, and done the bodywork on the '04.

BTW, "affording the car" has nothing whatsoever to do with "needing" the warranty. I bought the car cash, and I own a 911 Turbo. It's a matter of having to do something to FIX what the manufacturer should have done properly in the first place "causing" warranty issues that sucks. It's the Principle of the Thing.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0