IW STi Forum banner

Steve's 2019 CWP STI

14K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  baneonrt 
#1 · (Edited)
It's nice to be back in an STI. My first was a 2008 I purchased back in March of '08. My thread on that can be found here. I sold it almost exactly 4 years later and didn't have a fun car for a while after that instead commuting in my 2001 Nissan Frontier for a few years.

I bought a 2015 BRZ Limited in September of '15 with the intent to spend some time Autocrossing. That never happened, but it was a blast on the street. RCE Tarmac II coilovers and 17x9 TC105N with 245/40 RE71R's. Sold it this past September.

Which brings me to the new toy; a 2019 STI Base with the Recaro package and a few other minor accessories like the autodim rearview mirror with homelink, short shifter and cargo mat.

I took delivery of the car on October 5th. It's been to Subiefest and back and is already sitting at over 2500 miles.

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I had been running the Racecomp Black "regular guy" springs with the stock struts. This felt great on the street but after one autox on them I wanted to see how much of an improvement struts would make so I ordered a set of Racecomp GTWorx Bilsteins.

Felt much closer to my BRZ on Racecomp Tarmac II's. And a noticeable improvement at the next autox.

Steve

#32 ·
The only other notable changes are I had the wheels and calipers ceramic coated by Detail Maniac here in Sacramento.

And redesigned the mount for my radar detector and finally hardwired it and the dash cam.

And finally, installed the Cobb intake system.

Steve

#37 ·
Thanks! Yeah, no rolled fenders, no rubbing. Stock rear control arms but I don't remember off the top of my head what camber I ended up with after installing the RCE Black springs. Same for the front camber, I maxed it out but don't remember what the actual value was. Somewhere between -1.4 and -1.7.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.