Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Tires/Wheels Does going from 19 to 18 make big diff in comfort?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-19, 03:18 AM  
Bigkitty
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bigkitty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does going from 19 to 18 make big diff in comfort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka View Post
I own a 2018 and switching from the stock 19'' wheels to aftermarket 18'' wheels wrapped in 245/40r18 tires made a huge difference in comfort. I noticed that prior to the switch to 18'' wheels, I would clench my teeth whenever I would go over a speed bump or hit a minor pot hole. Now with the 18'' wheels installed, I no longer have to anticipate the stiffness that I got with the 19'' wheels. A prime example would be going over railroad tracks. With the 18's, I can breeze through them without having too much discomfort unlike with the 19's where I would have to slow down significantly and soak the stiffness.
With this in mind,I should be able to raise my 2019 with my Quickjack,remove the stock wheels,and,install a set of Enkei,18x9.5+35mm with/Michelin245/40R18Y Pilot Sport 3 tires on the STI,put the car in neutral,and spin the wheels.If nothing hits the Brembos then I should be good to go?Thanks
Likes 0 Dislikes 0