Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Other 2020 STi Changes
Thread: Other 2020 STi Changes
View Single Post
Old 06-22-19, 08:28 AM  
DarkSi08
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: 2019 STI Limited CWP
Fav Mod: JDM STi Mirrors
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DarkSi08 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINick19 View Post
The Golf R is a great car.. but it's much easier to get a STI under MSRP. Show me anyone that has gotten a comparable deal on a new Golf R.

Why are we even talking about a Golf R in the "2020 STI Changes" thread?
Definitely a great point. Even though there really aren't many STIs sold in a year, VW has a tendency to release all of the Golf Rs in a huge batch - so they're extremely available for a very short time, and then you can't get one at all for ~9 months... breeding excitement for when the next model year finally arrives.

Agreed, though - this thread went WAY off topic, and it's really my fault.

As of now, I've heard nothing new on the 2020, but we should hear something - if anything is coming - in the next couple of weeks.

There's been a lot of speculation that the S209 is the reason for the late model year release. They shut down ordering really late for the 2019 STI... Then they have ~200 S209s to build and ship to Subaru Tecnica International before they can get started on the mainline 2020 builds. All speculation, of course, but I'd be willing to bet that it's something similar.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0