Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Oil temps way high after header install
View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 10:59 AM  
brapp
Becoming A Master Contributor

Car: 2005 STi
Fav Mod: going from GR -> GD
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

brapp will become famous soon enoughbrapp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oil temps way high after header install

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheyman View Post
Could just be a bend sharp enough to partially collapse a hose. They are formed, and at least on of them has a 90 in it
Great. I'll take a look at those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheyman
I don't think oil pressure is the issue - but if I did I'd be saying don't rive it till you are sure it is good.

You know the old saying "don't fix it if it aint broke". It comes from real experiences. I'm not saying not to do maintenance or mod, but when you do work on something and it stops working you should know where to look.
Totally. That's why my mind went to the headers, as they were the only thing that got worked on.

This wouldn't be the first time though that I put on a new part and something else happened to go wrong at the same time. Perhaps from the car sitting in the air without being run for a longer stretch, perhaps something else got bumped during the install, or perhaps the new part ended up putting extra strain on something that was already stressed enough.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0