Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Oil temps way high after header install
View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 04:15 AM  
mheyman
Gold Member

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Oil temps way high after header install

Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp View Post
What do you think could actually be causing the restriction? . . .I'm trying to think of what could cause a hose to not pass sufficient fluid without leaking or anything.
Could just be a bend sharp enough to partially collapse a hose. They are formed, and at least on of them has a 90 in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp View Post
I would imagine it would. I don't have an oil pressure gauge so I can't be certain. Perhaps the pressure is low but not enough to cause other immediate issues so it is only being noticed by the high temps.
I don't think oil pressure is the issue - but if I did I'd be saying don't rive it till you are sure it is good.

You know the old saying "don't fix it if it aint broke". It comes from real experiences. I'm not saying not to do maintenance or mod, but when you do work on something and it stops working you should know where to look.

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0