Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
View Single Post
Old 12-15-18, 07:35 AM  
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Just looked up the price of the Milltek for the 2015+. Wowww I thought it was bad for the GR

At any rate, as mentioned I have the GR not the VA, but I did finally get ahold of a Milltek CBE. I'm very happy with it, to me it is sort of what you would expect if you got a performance exhaust from an OEM, sort of how M cars or Infinity cars sound from the factory. Still plenty of sound in my opinion, but not crossing over into noise. Without a doubt quieter than the SPT was stock, and sounds 10,000x better than the SPT did with aftermarket downpipe and ELH. No issues with resonance with the Milltek.

To be honest, I don't find the exhaust note to be hugely changed with the ELH. It definitely sounds different as described above, but it still does not sound like an inline 4 to me or anything like that.

I had a little bit of trouble getting everything aligned but nothing major and I got it bolted up without an assistant. I could do without the polished finish but it's not that bad...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0