Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
View Single Post
Old 11-04-18, 05:43 AM  
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Thouuuught I had replied to this but maybe not. (I did)

JW thanks for the tip. I did talk to them, they didn't anticipate being able to ship for several weeks. I'm talking to another American company and a British one to see what kind of prices and lead times I'm looking at. I've waited this long so I don't care if it's here within a week, but I also don't want to wait 3 more months especially now that I've swapped the ELH and downpipe and expect to dislike the resulting interaction with my SPT.

PURE thanks as well. I was looking through their other offerings and I was indeed intrigued by the Super Turbo. It sounded nice in the video and I do like the overall look minus the tips (can't get past the giant dual exit). I don't know if having each runner pass through both silencers actually does anything, but it's cool if it does and I do like the look. Unfortunately, I can't wait for them to decide about building one with quad exit. For the price of the Milltek I guess I could potentially get the HKS and have a shop weld on different tips, I just hate the idea of hacking up a brand new $1000 modification. I toyed with the idea of buying a welder and learning as I go while adding a resonator to my SPT but the last thing I need is more "occasional use" equipment. And if I'm putting forth any effort on this whole shebang I do want to go ahead and have a 3" exhaust for the future.

I did cancel my order with RSD and won't buy from them again due to the combination of this situation along with other issues I've had. I realize they are huge and won't know the difference and that's fine, but I will feel better giving my money to a company that deserves it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0