Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
View Single Post
Old 10-30-18, 05:11 AM  
PURE STI
Becoming An Advanced Contributor

Car: 06 STI/08 STI/15 STI
Fav Mod: Suspension
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

PURE STI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post
I loved the combo of the catless downpipe and a stock catback. I ran it for almost 3 years. It was the perfect sound increase from stock. Catted would have been the same without the smells or the overboosting in cold temps. Highly recommend it, there's really nothing wrong with the stock catbacks. They perform very well until you get into replacing headers or the turbo.
I agree. Even though the catback is worth some power (not much) on stock turbo it's hardly worth it for the money spent so the stock catback is usually worth keeping till it's the last thing remaining. I always prefer a HFC as I've gotten older otherwise the fumes make me nauseous. A good quality HFC will not restrict any power or spool on the turbo so the only thing it hurts is your wallet.
My only complaint was on the 11-14 sedan was how far inboard the tips were which would eventually lead to carbon buildup on the bumper staining the paint. Glad Subaru fixed that on the 15+ cars. Not sure if that was an issue for the hatch? I can't remember how mine was since I removed the oe catback almost a decade ago.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0