IW STi Forum banner

2008 Midnight Blue STi - AQ makes a comeback

GR Hatch: 
7K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  STi Addict 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my new journal!

Whether we've chatted before or not, just want to let you know this car will definitely not be like the last one :lol:

This time around is going to be a much more DD car and budget-tight. I'm beginning to adult now, graduated and working full time now and from the looks of it... i'm around the corner from getting engaged :cool:

I found this 2008 STi on Kijiji a while ago and it piqued my curiosity and I ended up going to see it. Few hours later, I shook the dealer's hand for a conditional sale!

Later on that evening, I found the previous owner on Facebook and behold! He was actually a person I had previous sold my AC setup to! Cool, right? :lol:
We'll call him X - X told me the car was in an accident and insurance fixed everything... Additionally, they paid for a FULL FORGED BLOCK! ding ding ding.

Current car information:​
2008 WRX STi in Midnight Blue Pearl (this is only the 2nd i've ever seen in my life)

AK2 forged long block from Lachute Performance
Exhaust manifold and up pipe by LP
LP high flow catted down pipe
Magnaflow quad rolled tip exhaust

The car NEEDS lots of love on the exterior, the paint is bad and it needs a few upkeep work.

I'll updating the journal as a I get it to be more of my car as time goes on :tup::cool:

Thanks for stopping by my journal, I'm excited to be back as a regular on IWSTI.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
i know i've been making infrequent visit here...

Winter parts list accumulation now has:
- DW1000cc EV14 injectors
- Cosworth TGV deletes
- IAG fuel rails
- BnM rotated kit
- 3076 with the HTA upgrade

"I'm keeping it stock" :lol: :lol: :lol: :banana:

#15 ·
Hi!

I know i've been dead online but i'm still around.

The car is currently apart. i've had lots of trouble recently with it but hey.... apparently this is my kind of punishment.

Run down on shenanigans since April:

- April parted most of the bolt ons on the car
- MIA May
- June I got my old built motor ready, i stripped 2 cam bolts (thanks stupid me for throwing in a 3/8" hex instead of a 10mm) it's been a while since i worked on a Subaru...........

The plan is now V mount with a Mustang billet intercooler.
Car is getting wrapped nardo grey as soon as i chop the fenders and clean up the paint

Few more bits here and there but she should be ready before fall!

#19 ·
So, let's get to business.

Machine shop I used for the motor I assembled, royally screwed me. they used ONE ROD to do bearing measurements on the WHOLE crank. BRUHHHHHHH. Needless to say, when I asked them what happens if a bearing spins because of their poor QC, they laughed and said that has never happened.

Guess who drained their oil and there is a ton of glitter after 1k miles? This guy.

The block will be coming apart, ill either redo it myself or buy a new closed deck block. I've got some 14mm head studs ready to go for it.

I need to raise my income to keep dealing with my luck :lol:

#21 ·
Hello...

New updates are always fun.

Here’s the deal:

- 14mm IAG studs
- GSC dual spring valve springs
- BC stainless steel intake and exhaust valves
- ported and polished heads
- plastic intake manifold for the reduced heat soak
- IAG fuel rails with aeromotive FPR
- FIC 1000cc injectors (I will need ID1700, fuck lol)
- HTA76

To tie all of this together. A revworks block will be arriving soon. I got their RW950 package - it *should* be 2-3 weeks out.

Going to sing 35psi until I get the 1700’s and then we push for 40+ on kill mode.

The RW950 package I added the O-Ring and 14mm head stud options.

This will be fun.

#24 ·
i just tried pm'ing you, but your box is full. pm me again and leave your cell.

bruce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.