Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
View Single Post
Old 05-15-17, 04:19 PM  
usefulidiot21
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: Galaxy Blue 15 STI
Fav Mod: traded 07 STI for 15 STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

usefulidiot21 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswrx View Post
Sorry, but no! Tomei ELH is not going to sound dramatically different than XXX brand on stock catback.

Why don't you record a clip and let us here this quieter sound you speak of.
Why the exclamations points every time you reply to me? I'm not here to try to win an argument, I'm just telling my experiences, no need to get so excited.

And the Tomei is different than the aFe header because that is a 4-2-1 design with its own uppipe vs. a 4-1 design which I used with the stock uppipe, so I would expect them to sound at least somewhat different. I never said it would be dramatically different, I just said mine is quieter than stock now (and that's not by much). It mainly reduced the low frequency sounds, which are the most noticeable.

If I had any kind of decent camera, I'd make a clip for you. You're comparing a different header and downpipe setup, so it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. They're similar, but not the same. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0