Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - First set of mods
View Single Post
Old 03-16-17, 07:18 AM  
mheyman
Gold Member

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First set of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by selriva View Post
I'm getting an invidia catted dp, cobb fuel regulator kit, id1000s, aem fuel pump, cobb EBCS and tomei catback along with the cobb intake I already have. Is there a "safer" setup? I was considering adding equal length headers for lower EGTs or an ETS TMIC for hopefully less heatsoak. I'll be moving to south Florida this summer so that's definitely a concern of mine. I would like to attempt to stay on my stock engine for as long as possible so I also don't want to go all out, just find a good balance.
ELH is not a bad idea, you list a lot of mods already.

What you should do about an intercooler depends what year car you have and you might want to do down the road. If "research" indicates it is a good idea to max out the stock turbo and this will be a long term plateau and you have the money the why not do it and tune once. As long as it will actually provide lower intake temps then it will enable more power and be safer. ETS and Process West is generally accepted as good products. There are other vendors you might consider depending on you year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selriva View Post
My concern is that a tmic and EL headers is too much modding.. but I also don't want engine trouble due to heatsoak and general high temps from UEL.

You first list is well into modding. Don't worry about a little more.

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0